Unpacking the Past

Class ended and Haruka and I excused ourselves to go unpack our stuff. We were both exhausted and it was already night time.

We both walked to our dorm.

"Hey Melody?"

"Yea? Do you think we can make it here?" Nanami asked.

I chuckled "Haha of course we will! We have each other after all."

Nanami smiled at my response.

"Oh yeah the red head we met earlier seemed so familiar." I said.

"You mean Otoya? I can't believe you already forgot his name." She sigh.

"Hehehe. He looked like someone from the orphanage I was in." I remembered vagely. "We were very close then."

"Hmm if he knew you he would have called out to you." She said.

"Your right it's probably just a mistake." I shrugged it off. "Changing the subject I think he likes you." I smirked at Nanami.

Her cheeks were bright red which confirmed my thoughts, she likes him.

"Come one! Don't tease me like that!" She pouted.

"Hahaha why not go for it?" I smirked.

"You know love is forbidden here right? Teacher just said it awhile ago." Nanami didn't deny it.

"Well it's not like anyone could stop you." I said.

"Well...I only have an interest that's all!" She was lost for words.

"Hahaha! I'm just kidding." I laughed.

We went to our room and started to unpack.

"Where did I put Sasha??" I whined.

Sasha was a stuff panda which my unrelated brother who looks like Otoya, gave to me before I left.

"I give up!!" I sighed I can't find him anywhere. I flopped down on the bed.

"It's probably somewhere there just look for it." Nanami said. "I'm going to shower first okay?"

"Okayy." Still layed on my bed facing the window.

Our room was currently a mess. On Nanami's side of the room her poster of Hayato hung up. Hayato is her idol. I couldn't say he wasn't handsome but I was never charmed by men before. The boys we met earlier had looks as well but nothing striked me.

My side of the room is a drawer and closet for my clothes. Which reminded me I needed to buy new under garments. I'll ask Nanami to come with me when I go.

I got up and rummage through my boxes and I found Sasha.

"Yaayy!!" I rejoiced. I hugged him and thought about brother. I wonder how he is now? I missed him. We never got to meet for 10 years since everytime i visited the orphanage he was never there. I hope he's doing fine. I know he can never live alone since he can't cook at all.

I laughed reliving my old memories. Then my head hurt again. Uhh I forgot to get the medicine. Just then Nanami went out of the bathroom.

"Your turn now. Oh you found Sasha too." She said.

"Yep he was right in there all along."

"Hahaha better not lose him your quite attached to it." She said.

"It's my only momento of him of course." I pouted.

"Okay okay. You go take a shower now. I'll just unpack more of my things."

"Kayy!" I hurried in the bathroom to wash myself. I stayed a little longer than usual since I had to get medicine for my head. I didn't want Nanami to worry. After a few minutes of standing around. I went out of the shower and dressed in my shorts and shirt. I peeked outside and saw Nanami sleeping on the desk.

Oh girl you need a man who can help you carry you to the bed sadly I'm not that strong. I grabbed my jacket and placed it over her to keep her warm. I'll wake her up when i get back.

I got out of the room and slipped on my sweater. The sweater I wore was long so my shorts wasn't really seen but it was already 11 who would be up at this time? Yeah only me.

I went to the clinic and saw that they were closed. I sigh and just went to get water. The closest water station was in the girls dorm but there was one in the main building so I decided to walk around a bit. As I was about to get water I saw Otoya and he saw me.

"Ah!" We both said.

"Good evening Melody." He said first.

"Good evening to you too." I said

"What are you doing out here in this time?" He asked.

"I was just going to get water." I can't tell him why I'm really here.

"Isn't there one in the girls dorm." He asks suspiciously.

"Ahh... I wanted to go for a walk." Hopefully that convinces him. "Why are you here?" I asked avoiding any more questions.

"I was just looking at the stars." I looked above and see some shining brightly while others just twinkle lightly.

"Oh...why do you look at the stars?" I asked quietly.

"It reminds me of my little sister."

Eh...?

"You have a little sister?" I curiously asked.

"Well were not related by blood but she was with me the whole time I grew up in an orphanage. We would always lie on the grass and gaze at the stars together. We had a promise that day."

"You..." I whispered to myself.

"Ah! I'm sorry for babbling on and on. We both have a lot to do tomorrow so we both need our rest." He smiled at me "Goodnight Melody."

"Goodnight..." we waved at each other. When he was far enough "Brother..." I went back to my room and accidentaly woke up Nanami.

"Ah...sorry for waking you." I closed the door.

"Where did you goo?" She said groggily.

"I just went to get some water." I lied.

"Oh kaayy..." she began to doze off on her desk.

"Oi at least sleep on the bed." I said.

"Yesh maam." She dragged herself towards the bed and flopped down and began to slightly snore.

Such a trouble some sister she is. I thought to myself.

"Goodnight Nanami." I whispered as i tucked her in bed.

~