37. Crumbling

Max's POV: 

"Max, please just stay in the room with me. We can chill, and watch movies!" Jacen begged pulling on my jacket sleeve trying to get me to stay 

"No, I told Johnny I was gonna be at the party. Just come with me. You'll have fun!" I tried one last time to persuade her. 

"No. I will not go and be an accesory to any dumb shit you get yourself into!" she yelled yanking me by my sleeve again. 

"I'm going. That's that. You can decide if you want to or not. But nothing you say is going to stop me." I crossed my arms and gave her a defiant look 

"I'm going home." she said going back into the room and grabbing her suitcases. 

"Bye." I said before walking down the hallway and to the parking garage. I drove in silence and when I arrived at the club I immediately met up with Johnny. 

"Hey dude." I bro-hugged him before he pulled me to an area that was roped off. 

"Welcome to the VIP section man." he said plopping down on the couch next to some girl. I plopped down across from them. 

"This is cool." I said looking around the place. The music was blaring, the lights flashed, and the booze was flowing. After an hour I had 5 shots of vodka, after two hours I tripled that, after three hours I didn't know my name, and after four hours I was drunkenly dancing with random whores and chugging whatever landed in my hand. 

"Hey bro, I think it's time to leave." Johnny said coming up to me 

"Alrighty mighty." I slurred before giving a sloppy drunk kiss to the trashy blonde I had been dancing with. She giggled and wrote her number on my arm. I nodded at her and let Johnny drag me out. 

"Stay here. I'll go call a cab." he said pointing at me before walking inside to grab his phone. He's much more sober than I am. After 10 minutes I got restless. After 20 minutes I got annoyed. And after 30 minutes I was pulling my keys out of my pocket and walking to my car. I got in and started the engine. I pulled out onto the road and was doing the best I could to stay in my lane, swerving every now and then but doing fairly well. Atleast until I ran a red light. The blue and red flashing lights in my rearview mirror barely processed, but I found myself pulling to the side of the road. 

"Sir, are you aware that you ran that redlight back there?" a female cop asked once I rolled my window down for her. 

"What red light?" I asked genuinely confused  

"The one at the intersec-" she started but I interupted 

"You know, you're very pretty. You should come party with me!" I said throwing my hands up only to hit them on the roof. 

"Sir, please step out of the car." she said sighing 

"Kayyy" I slurred opening the door and stumbling out. She pulled out a flashlight and shone it in my eyes. 

"You're drunk." she stated, and did not ask. 

"Maybe babyyy. Ahaha, no. I'm buzzed. It was a great party. You should have been there!" I said leaning back against the car. 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Put your hands behind your back and turn around please." she said, I did as she told me to. She patted me down and slapped a pair of handcuffs on me. 

"Oh, so you like to play that way?" I slurred, making her giggle. If I were sober I so would've had this one. 

"You're drunk sir. And you were drving that way." she informed me as she pushed me into the back of her police car. She walked over to my car turning off the engine and grabbing the keys before shutting and locking the door. Once she got back to the car she mumbled something into the radio before climbing in, getting buckled, and taking us to the police station. The rest of the night was somewhat of a drunken blur. I remember being put in a cell, I remember calling Jacen, and that's it. Next thing I know I'm waking up to the plain cement ceiling of a cell. I hopped down off the bunk and went to where the bars were.