33. Sink or Swim

Ronnie's POV: 

I peeled my eyes open and saw Carter sleeping soundly with her head on my chest. I couldn't help but smile. She's so gorgeous. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 10 o'clock. Damnit. I have to meet Deuce at the studio. We are laying down the track for Nobody Likes Me today. I unwrapped my arms from her still small frame. She's been eating regularly now. She isn't as sickly skinny as she was before, and she just seems so much happier. I climbed out of the bed and tip-toed out of her room and into mine. I rushed through my morning routine before jotting down a note to Carter and putting it on the pillow next to her. I kissed her cheek before jetting out the front door and hopping into my car. I finally got my license. I turned up the radio and pulled out the driveway, speeding on my way to the studio. 

"Sup man?" I greeted as I pulled Deuce into a bro-hug. 

"Not much. Just ready to get this shit done." he replied. 

"Sounds like a plan. Where to?" he guided me to down a hall and into a room. Inside the room was a soundboard and microphones. 

"Here we go." he said as walked to one of the mics. I joined him in the room and stood at the other mic. 

*********Few hours later 

I drove around the corner and down our street. Pulling into our driveway. I turned off my car and hopped out. I went into the house to be greeted by s smiling Carter making pancakes in the kitchen 

"Hey babe." I greeted quietly. 

"Hey Ronnie. Got your note. How was the studio?" she asked as I pecked her on the cheek. 

"Good. We went over some lyrics, who sings what part, just the boring shit really." I answered with a shrug. 

"Ah. Well Runt and I were messing around earlier. She's a beast on the drums!" she yelled excitedly. I laughed at her child-like actions. She's freaking cute. 

"Well that's cool. Where is she anyway?" I asked searching my surroundings for Mini-Ronnie. I couldn't find her anywhere. 

"She left with Craig and Monte not too long ago. They went for groceries, I think." I nodded my head. 

"Why are you making pancakes? It's.... Two in the afternoon!" I said shaking my head at her. 

"Like I said, there's no food in this house. I got hungry sitting watching Tom and Jerry so I made pancakes. Duh." she answered with a laugh. 

"That makes total sense. Need some help?" I offered. 

"No, no way. You can't cook!" she said with her eyes the size of saucers and shaking her head wildly. 

"Okay, fair enough. I'm gonna go watch TV then." she nodded her head and I walked into the living room. Once I sat down I sprang to my feet and ran back to the kitchen. 

"I have an idea!" I announced, scaring Carter and making her drop her spatula. I laughed as she glared at me and picked it up. 

"And what's so important that you scare me half to death like that?!" she asked. 

"You said Mini-Ronnie is beast at the drums right?" I asked 

"Yeah... And?" she asked confused 

"And you're crazy good at singing, and lead guitar, right?" I pushed on hoping it'd click for her soon. 

"Right? Still not getting it." she shook her head. 

"Well Jacen plays bass...." I said. 

"OH! A band... I get wear you're going with this. But we need a rhythm guitarist. And a band? Really? I mean Runt and I are okay, and I don't know about Jacen but, a band? That's like, huge." she said looking thoughtful.