36. Thumbs Up

Max's POV: 

"Oh shit." Azizia and I muttered at the same time, attracting everyone's attention. 

"You two know each other?" Carter asked confused 

"No."  

"Yes." we said at once 

"Yes." 

"No." we said again. Damn. Now it looks all suspicious! 

"So which is it?" Poptart asked crossing her arms over her chest and eyeing us disapprovingly. She's a scary 15 year old kid. That's for sure. 

"It's a funny story actually-" I started, but Azizia interupted 

"Yeah, it is. I met him at this bar a while back. We talked, and hung out. But never exchanged names, phone numbers, nothing. So it was just kinda like, trippy to see him again I guess." she lied smoothly. Woah, she's good at that. Good or bad, I'm not sure. But in this situation I'd say good. Very, very good.  

"Oh. Well that's cool." Carter said with a shrug. Everyone else dropped it and went back to praising the girls on their song. I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding. 

"Thanks." I mumbled to Azizia when eveyone else was out of ear-shot. 

"Yep. Whatever." she mumbled 

"What's wrong?" I asked, totally confused about her odd behaviour. 

"I thought you were clean." she said spitefully staring me down 

My pride disipated. Well there goes that. But really, what the fuck. How was I supposed to know that the random girl I met in the alleyway and bought coke from was gonna be the new guitarist for my sister's band? Like, really? 

"I tried... Failed. Quit." I mumbled rubbing my hair back in frustration. 

"It's not gonna be easy Max. You can't expect it to be." she told me 

"I know, but I don't know... I can't seem to break the habbit." I shrugged, causing her ro scoff and roll her eyes. 

"Is it the withdrawals that are getting you?" she asked 

"No. I get passed those, and I'll be doing just fine, then out of absolutely nowhere I'll have the biggest urge for a hit. I'll have a drink, or a smoke, sometimes both, to try and get rid of the urge, but it just gets stronger, and I cave." I said, feeling defeated. Again. 

"Phsycological dependency. Hardest part to get through. But you can do it. You've got great friends, family, you get to live your dreams, so trust me babe. You've got more than enough motivation. Now slap yourself and get it through your head that drugs aren't an option anymore." she patted my back and joined the group, who was preparing to run through the song again. 

'Drugs aren't an option anymore' well.... Those aren't words that make me happy. But she's right. From this moment forward, I'm done with drugs. Phst. Who needs them? I walked up the stairs to my room to try and solve some things when I got a text. I pulled it out and read it

-From: JohnnyBBoi- Dude. Party. This weekend in Vegas. You down? You can bring your girl.

I smiled I gave a short reply

-From: MaxxiPad- Yeah. I'm down. Give me the info. I'll see you there.

I ran down the stairs excitedly to find that now everyone was seated in various places just chilling. I spotted Jace and yanked her up, pulling her to the beanbag, kicking Craig in the face along the way. Now whether or not it was on purpose I won't tell you. >:D anyway....