13. Welcome Home

I am soooo sorry guys!! I know I promised twice a week but freshman year is crazy!! So to make it up to you I will post another chapter 2moro. Enjoy!! And please forgive me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter's POV:

Finally. It's been 4 weeks now and I can finally get out of this hellhole they call a hospital. I've been talking to the boys once a day since the night I talked to Ronnie. I'm not quite sure what it is about him but he makes me feel safe. Weird right? I think it's because my feelings for him are growing (as much as I hate to admit that). The guys are going to be here any moment to pick me up so I'm getting my shit together.

"Hey there Carter!" Max screamed as he ran and hugged me.

"Hi Maxi Pad. Where are the guys?" I used the name he hated. He was so happy to see me coming home I don't think he even noticed.

"Ronnie is right behind me with Craig. Monte and Robert stayed home." Max said still hugging me.

"Let go Max. And why didn't they come?" Worry was evident in my voice even though I tried to hide it.

"Jacen finally moved in. And since she's Robert's cousin they stayed to help her get situated." He answered finally letting me out of the embrace.

"Oh. Okay." I tried to hide the bit of jealousy in my tone. I was just getting out of the hospital and Monte and Robert couldn't be here because of her. I didn't even know her yet but I was sure I wasn't going to like her.

The carride home was quiet and uneventful. But it was a comfortable quiet, not awkward like so many times before. We finally arrived home and I hopped out the car before Craig was able to pull to a complete stop.

"Be careful Carter! That could have been bad!" Craig warned. I ignored him because I was already halfway to the door. I yanked it open not the least bit surprised it wasn't locked.

"HONEY, I'm HOOOME." I screamed into the house. Monte and Robert came running down the stairs and group hugged me.

"CARTER WE MISSED YOU!" Monte said.

"Yeah, good to have you back." Robert said also.

"I'm happy I'm ho-"

"Who's here?" A tall skinny girl asked. She was very pretty, her eyes were light blue and she was just as pale if not paler than me. Her hair was short and spiked but it was bright purple. She couldn't be any older than me.

"Oh, sorry. Jacen, this is Carter. Carter, Jacen." Robert said motioning between me and the girl with the purple hair.

"OH! Hiya Carter. The boys talk about you all the time. All good things, no worries. Hahaha." Jacen said.

"Well that's good. I'm sorry but no one has really ever mentioned you." Well that was a little rude.... Oh yah. I decided I wasn't going to like her.

"Oh, well Robert and I were never that close. We sorta just started talking again after almost 10 years." She said, not bugged by my rudeness at all. Well I can work on that.

"Oh, really? You guys are related? You don't look alike. You're really pale. Are you sure your mother didn't have an affair?" Damn, maybe this is going too far.

"Carter! That's enough, that's my aunt, and her mom you're talking about here." Robert whisper yelled.

"No, it's okay Robert." Jacen said nodding her head toward him to calm down. Then she looked back at me "Well actually she did. Robert and I are still blood related though. Since my mom is his mom's sister. He let me move in with him since my dad divorced my mom and she died soon after."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm just sorta moody lately." I admitted. Right after this Jacen simply nodded then walked over and hugged me, I was shocked at first but then I finally hugged back.

"It's okay. You've been through alot lately. Maybe you and I could go to the mall and spend some time together. I'd like to get to know you better." I nodded my head yes and let go of her.

"So I see you met Jacen." Max said walking through the door with arms full of my stuff.

"Yah, she's pretty cool." I smiled, and Jacen did too. As did Monte and Robert.

"Would you two idiots stop smiling and help me with these damn bags!?" Max half shouted at Monte and Robert. They quickly nodded and rushed to grab some bags from Max. Craig followed shortly behind with arms full of teddy bears and flowers that the guys had given while I was in the hospital. All of them went upstairs. Ronnie finally walked in not carrying anything.

"Well, you're a big help aren't you?" I joked at him, he didn't respond. He looked, sad? What was wrong?

"What's wrong Ronnie?" I asked him. Jacen excused herself so him and I could talk.

"Nothin'. I'm juust gonna go to bed. Kay? Good night Carter." He walked past me and went upstairs. Not waiting for a reply. Wow, that was weird. I wonder what's up with him? I tried to shrug the thought off as I made my way into the kitchen. Jacen was making coffee.

"Hey. So about that offer. Want to go now?" I asked her.

"Uhm, sure! Just give me some time to get ready and we can go in about an hour. How's that sound?"

Sounds perfect. I just need to get out of the house. Been here ten minutes and already tired of it. Haha." I was actually excited to hang out with a female. The guys are sweet but I need a girlfriend too. And it seemed that Jacen was sweet enough.

"I know what you mean." She smiled and walked out to go get ready. I went upstairs too to straighten my hair and pull on some skinny jeans. Once I was done it had been about 30 minutes so I thought I'd waste some time on facebook. Once I logged in however I saw something that brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy that is. My friend Dylan was going to be in town tomorrow! I knew him since 3rd grade. We used to be best friends. We even dated a little freshman year until he moved to Chicago. Now he was coming to visit L.A., and he said he wanted to see me. Tears started streaming down my eyes until I heard a knock at my door. I went and opened it and found Craig.

"What's wrong? You're crying." Way to point out the obvious Craig. Thumbs up.

"Oh, nothing's wrong! These are happy tears. My bestfriend from a long time ago is coming into town I haven't see him in 4 years." I explained. He nodded his head then asked

"Can a borrow your eyeliner?" I laughed at him then nodded. He thanked me and ran to the bathroom to grab it.

"Hey, Carter. You ready?" I heard Jacen call from a few floors below me.

"Yeah, be there in a moment." I yelled back. I went over to my computer telling Dylan I'd be at the airport waiting for him. I smiled once more and logged off.

"Okay, let's go." I said grabbing Jacen by her hand and going out the front door. When we arrived at the mall we went to Hot Topic, Spencer's, and all the music stores. After a few hours of shopping we were tired and were ready to call it a day. We drove back home and made the guys carry our stuff inside. We said our goodnights and headed to sleep. This is the first time in a long time I've truly been happy. I wonder how long this'll last. 

I seem to be a master at screwing things up.