9. Way To Ruin The Moment

Ronnie's POV

I woke up this morning to the sound of Max puking. Once again Maxwelll takes the crown for the most annoying wake-ups ever. In history. I took my phone out of my out of my pocket and checked the time. 11 a.m., not too bad. I had a throbbing in my head that I didn't understand. I began to think it was hangover until I recalled not drinking last night. Then memories of last night came flooding back, most of them of what I had discovered in Carter's room. That's where the headache came from. The disturbing images refusing to leave my head. The scene just kept replaying in my head. Ugh, maybe a shower would clear my head I thought. I opened the bathroom door without knocking. Big mistake. I found a fully naked Carter standing in front of the bathroom mirror.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry." I was reaching for the doorknob as I was about to back out of the room.

"Oh, Ronnie! Haha, it's okay."

"You sure?" I asked, my eyes still staring into the floor avoiding her. I just realized how stupid that sounded...

 "Yah, haha. It was bound to happen sometime." and with that she wrapped a towel around herself and walked past me out the door. I sat on the counter trying to make sense of what just happened. All I know is that you should always lock the door. I cleared my head long enough to take a shower, once I got out I wrapped a towel tighly around myself. I finished my morning routine and went upstairs making sure my towel was secure the entire time. I'm paranoid now. As I walked to my room I noticed Carter's door was open, she was standing in the middle of her room in just a baggy old Escape The Fate shirt.

"Ronald! Put on some clothes and come help me decide to wear!" She said never looking up at me.

"Okay, one second" I ran into my room and pulled on some boxers and sweatpants. I decided to go shirtless. She should get a little eye candy too, ya know. And that's when the teasing games begin. I walked into her room and laughed as I saw her eyes roam over me.

"Hey" I said in the sexiest voice I could muster.

"Hey yourself." She said, equally as sexy. Damn. Let the war begin. I stood next to her staring at the clothes stewn across the floor.

"So. Pick." she told me, giving me complete control over her wardrobe. Didn't have to tell me twice. I dove into the pile looking through everything. I was going to abuse this freedom. And she wanted me to! I could tell. I decided on a black Silverstein shirt that she had cut up in the back. I handed it to her and she made me turn around saying

"No more previews for you today." Previews? Interesting word choice. After she pulled the shirt on I turned back around and found a pair of red shorts. I picked them up and handed them to her.

"Nu-uh. Noooo way am I wearing those! They don't cover anything!" I started to laugh. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. "What's so funny?" she asked, genuinely confused.

I was finally able to collect myself enough to speak. "That's funny. I thought anything would be a step up from the panties you're standing around in right now."

"OH! I forgot! Sorry!" She chuckled awkwardly and grabbed the shorts from me.

"No need to be sorry, I wasn't complaining." I winked at her. She was beyond blushing. It was great.

"Well I-" she started, but Craig cut her off 

"Heyloo woah! Sorry, am I interupting something?" he asked. This was awkward. Considering I was in Carter's bedroom, with no shirt. And she had no pants on, and was blushing. Shit, this had bad situation written all over it.

"Uhm, no. I was just helping her get dressed, wait! Not like that!!" I cringed as the words left my mouth.

"Dude, it's cool. I don't really care. Just get out, like, now. Max is coming up the stairs right behind me. I darted to my room and put on a shirt. Once Max was in Carter's doorway I walked over like I had just woken up.

"Mheyy guys." I said pretending to stretch. "Wassup?" Carter and Craig were trying their best not to laugh at me.

"Hey Ron!" Max piped up awfully chipper for as much as he drunk last night.

"Well aren't you in a good mood? I thought you'd be all pissy and cranky considering that killer hangover you must have." I said, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone out of fear of laughing.

"Well I guess I got it all out of my system. I think it was the aspirin I took."

"Or it could have been all the puking you did earlier." I tried to hold back a laugh, failing as a few chuckles escaped.

"Oh, you heard that?" Max asked sheepishly.

"Yeah dude. The whole neighborhood heard that." I was flat out laughing now.

"Sorry" His face was bright red with embarrassment. Awesome. "Anyways, LET'S GO MATTRRESS SHOPPING." I yelled the last part and clapped.

"DUDE. Shut up! Some of us still feel like shit!" Craig yelled back, rubbing his temples.

"Sorry again, haha. Anyway, just us four are going. Monte and Robert are wayyy to trashed to do anything today but sleep. So, Craig, Ronnie, get dressed! Why can't you be more like me and Carter? You guys are lazy. Well, Carter is almost dressed. Once she finds the rest of her shorts, and a bra." Carter rolled her eyes at him.

Craig just mumbled "Well maybe I'd be ready if I had help like Carter did."  He looked over at me and smirked as he said it. He is a deadman.

"What was that, Craigifer?" Max asked

"Oh, I said why are you dressed and ready to go so early?" Nice cover up. But he's still dead.

"Oh. After my puking episode this morning I couldn't go back to sleep. So I just went and got ready." He turned and walked back downstairs.

"Dude. If you ever do something like that again you are beyond dead." I said, pointing my finger at Craig. He simply shrugged and said

"Be more careful next time you and Barbie decide to play dress up. And you won't have to worry about anything." He smirked and walked downstairs. An awkward silence hung in the air. I didn't know what to say so I smiled at her and left. I went to my room and shut the door behind me. This morning went from awkward to 'I Just Want To Go Back To Sleep And Forget It Ever Happened.' The only problem with that was if I went to sleep now I'd dream about her. As creepy and awkward as the sounds it's the truth. I got dressed and went downstairs. Everyone (exculding Monte and Robert who were still passed out on the couch) was waiting on me.

"Why are you always the last one down?" Craig asked.

"The answer is simple. I'm too sexy. I have to tone down my sex appeal to a level that I can go out in public on." I smiled and walked out the front door and climbed into the backseat of Craig's crappy car. Max already called shotgun. Carter climbed into the backseat next to me. We sat in semi-awkward silence until she leaned over and kissed my cheek. Random, cool. But random. I didn't know what to say so I just looked over at her.

"That was for being you." Was all she said before she turned towards the window staring out at nothing.

"That was-" was all I could say before Max and Craig got in.

Way to ruin the moment guys.