6. Water Fight!

Carter's POV:

"Wakey, wakey for coffee and cakey!" Max sang as he danced around the living room waking all of us up. I pulled my phone out of my pokcket, 7a.m. Why was the time so unforgiving? I rolled over to see a wad of black hair.

I slapped the head screaming "Craig, get up!" The head lifted and I noticed I had just slapped Ronnie. Oops? But how did he end up over here? He was on the other side of the room when I fell asleep last night, and Craig was next to me.

Ronnie sat up rubbing his head and said "Jesus Christ Carter! Way to wake me up peacefully."

"Sorry Ronald! Haha, I thought it was Craig."

"Still no excuse." he said playfully pushing my arm. I saw Max glaring at us from the corner of my eye. I ignored him and pushed Ronnie back. Then I thought about how horrible I must have looked! I felt my face turn bright red as I ran, or tried to run upstairs. My bones ached. Bad. Sleeping on the floor was not gonna do.We need some furniture, and soon. I made my way to my bathroom and found all my makeup there. Good thing we labeled the boxes, and the movers could read. I pulled out all the essentials and did my hair and makeup the usual way. Teased hair, heavy eyeliner. I made sure to use toothepaste and deorderant. Once I gave myself the stamp of approval I went to my room and dumped the contents out of the first box I saw. White skinny jeans and a purple and white BVB tee shirts sat at the top of the pile. Perfect. I put them on found some black converse and went downstairs. everyone was staring at me.

"What?" I said trying to figure out what was happening.

"Jeez clownface. You took forever. I can put my make-up on faster than that!" Max answered taunting me. I didn't reply I just slapped the back of his head, grabbed my purse and walked to my SUV  (which had enough room for us all. Hooray!) Or, it was kind of mine. I didn't have a license yet. Just a permit, Max isn't such a good driver himself, so he couldn't teach me. And my mom didn't care enough to even try. The guys walked over to the car slowly. Nobody got in though.

"What are you waiting for? Get in!"

"No way. Not with you driving!" Monte replied, everyone nodded in agreement.

"Guys. We don't have time for this, let's go." I guess they agreed with the time thing and crawled in. Ronnie claimed shotgun. Once everyone was situated I looked in my rear-view mirror preparing to back up when I noticed Max glaring at the back of Ronnie's head as if he were trying to put a hole there. I ignored his antics once again and we left. We got to Ronnie's place accident-free. It took us forever to get there though, considering I refused to go above 40 mph. We saw that the moving van beat us there. Once we walked inside we immediately got to work. Well, everyone but me, I kinda just stood around awkwardly waiting for someone to ask me to help. Eventually Ronnie walked over to me and told me to follow him upstairs. I knew Max would kill us both if he saw but I followed him against my better judgement. We walked into his bedroom to see absolutely nothing had been packed. This was gonna be alot of work.

"Just grab stuff and shove it in boxes. Don't bother labeling or seperating anything. And stuff as much into one box as possible." Ronnie said

"Are you sure? That's gonna be a nightmare to unpack once you get over to the other house."

"Yah, I'm sure. We are condensing, most of this stuff is going to be thrown out anyways. Too many memories." He mumbled the last part, it was clearly an uncomfortable topic for him. Awkward. New subject. I was looking around trying to find something to use to change the subject when I saw a thong. Ronnie's eyes followed my gaze and he ran over to it and kicked it under a rug. He was bright red. It was funny how embarrassed he was.

"Ronnie. It's okay. I heard about Paige." I said trying my best not to laugh at him.

"Who told you?"

"Everyone. They're practically praising you over it. Haha"

"Well, it was more of an accident. She was drunk, I was drunk... You know how it gets."

"Actually I don't. I have drank in the past but never really gotten drunk. Just tipsy. and besides. No need to explain yourself. You're single, and I'm not your mommy. So I don't really care. You are entitled to do whatever you want." I giggled at the fact that he felt he needed to explain himself to me. Man, was he cute. Okay, seriously? What is my problem? the guy just had a drunken one night stand with a married woman and I'm calling him cute. Fail. Besides, Ronnie is 8 almost 9 years older than me. Sooo not gonna happen. Neither of us knew what to say next so we stopped talking and got to work just throwing things in boxes. Eventually the guys finished downstairs and came to help us. Max wasn't too happy to find Ronnie and I alone, but he didn't really say anything. We got the van fully loaded and headed for food. We were all starving. Craig drove since I'm so slow. We decided on a Quizno's and I pushed passed everyone and headed inside to order. The guys lagged far behind. What was taking them so long?  I chose a table in the far back corner and waited for the guys. Once they finally came in and sat down our food came. Halfway through the meal Monte could not stop laughing. I just ignored it and continued eating until

Squirt. Water was all over my face and sandwich. I look up to see Craig holding a mini squirt gun and laughing. i look around the table and all the guys are holding one. So that's what they were up to. Ronnie handed me an extra and we sat in the back corner of Quizno's laughing and squirting for 10 minutes. We only stopped because the manager got too many complaints and asked us to leave. We rode back to the house in hysterical laughter. Once we got home we were so tired from the laughing that we crashed on the living room floor once again. I fell asleep using Craig's stomach as a pillow.

Days like today, moments like these make me forget about all the pain.