31. Gah. Children, and a House Full of Them

Carter's POV: 

Oh. My. God. 

Was I this bad when I was her age? Like, really. My poor mother. 

Runt. Tayleyy. My personal tormentor. Whatever you want to call her. She's driving me absolutely crazy. No joke. 

She takes my clothes without asking, eats all my food, takes my car, disappears and won't be heard from for hours on end, she has broken countless amounts of my cds, and even lost one of my vans. How you could possibly lose a shoe I don't understand but she's managed to do it. She spends forever in the bathroom too! The worst part about that? She uses the one attached to my room. I am two seconds from pulling my hair out. 

Have I mentioned it's only been a week since my whole 'I accept this responsibility thing'? No? Well yeah. It's only been a week and I already want to take it back. 

Jacen on the otherhand has no problem with Runt whatsoever. They respect each other, and each other's stuff, they laugh and giggle and watch movies while I'm cleaning up Runt's latest mess. That includes anything from hair she left in my shower, to exploded eyeliner that she left on the bathroom counter, or even giant food trails she leaves throughout the whole house, or even the occasional shattered vase.  

Breath in. Breath out. 

It's okay Carter. The boys will be home soon. They'll help maintain her. 

"Carter!" Runt screamed interupting my thoughts. Oh yeah, I almost never have time to think either. 

"Yeah?" I asked as nice as I could with my patience so thin. 

"Can you grab me a soda?" she asked sending me a sickeningly sweet smile. Oh fine. I still love this kid. Even though she is crazy obnoxious. 

"Ooh! Grab me one too?" Jacen also asked. 

"Sure. One sec." I got up and went to the frigde. I grabbed the sodas out and shut the door. Jumping as I did so seeing to my surprise a familiar pair of smiling green eyes staring at me. I dropped the sodas letting them explode and shoot all over the floor and jumped into my brothers arms. 

"MAXI POO! I've missed you so so so so much!" I said as I kissed his forehead repetedly. He just chuckled and set me down. 

"I've missed you too Carter. Mom is a bigger pain in the ass when you aren't there to complain with me." I released him from my bone crushing hug momentarily just to pull him into another one. 

"Sorry. I know you can't breathe but I don't care. I've missed you so you'll have to deal with it." he just laughed again and let me hug him letting his scent become familiar again. 

"So. You gonna introduce me to our new house guest?" he said once I released him again. 

"Oh yeah! Jacen, Runt! Get ya'll asses in here! I've got a surprise!" a few moments later they came trugding in lazily, or atleast until they saw Max. 

"Max!" Jacen yelled jumping into his arms like I'd done moments before. I ignored their little (LARGE) makeout session and cleared my throat nodding toward Tayleyy.  

"Oh yeah. Sorry. Hi. I'm Max." he said offering her his hand. She ignored it and pulled him in for a hug. We all laughed once she let go and said 

"Hi Max. I'm Tayleyy. Or Runt. Or Munchkin. Whatever you wanna call me." she said Max looked thoughtful before saying 

"What's your full name?" 

"Veronica Taylor Wesston" she answered excitedly. He nodded and said 

"I think I'll call you Poptart." we all looked at him weird before Jacen said 

"And why on earth would you call her 'Poptart'?"