Chapter 26- dun, dun, dun...

Kara’s POV

“Kara is it?” a masculine voice asked as he opened the door.

“Jackson?” I asked raising an eyebrow. Judging from his sexy, deep voice he was hot.

“No,” he chuckled, “its Officer Miller.”

“Miller?” I asked turning around, “What happened to Jackson?”

“Well, Jackson refuses to see either you or your friends. She’s…moody,” He smiled taking a seat next to me. I straightened in my chair a little surprise, when I got interrogated -which has been a few times- not once has a cop sat next to me. They’ve always sat in front of me, I’m assuming for intimation reasons, but I could careless.

“Whatever,” I sighed looking at him, “When can I leave?”

“That depends,” he said calmly, still his voice, “Are you going to tell us what happened in the hospital?”

“Nope,” I smiled, “so since that’s settled can I get my call? I would rather get my throat slit by my raging mother or Babel’s bear of a father then be here, no offense.”

“None taken,” he said taking out three black and white pictures I’d never seen before, “would you care to explain these?”

My eyes went wide. Oh no, not this….that was totally an accident. I ran my hand through my hair and looked back down at the pictures before blinking and looking at the officer. “Is that a yes?” he asked looking at me intently.

“Uh, well…um, you see,” I stuttered helplessly. Gosh, I sighed we were screwed. I couldn’t lie. That was us, me and Babel, partners in crime until the law breaks us apart.

“I take that as a yes,” he said raising an eyebrow, “I mean we for sure know that’s Babel, Officer Collins proved it,” he said pointing to Babel’s tattoo, “Now all we need to do is find this mystery girl, and I have a hunch that she’s sitting right in front of me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well your hunch it correct. That is me and Babel cruising down a corridor in some hospital. What’s so illegal about it?”

“Cruising? More like running at lightning speed, why?”

“Okay, enough with the questions,” I said rising my voice along with my hands, “We will tell you everything, but you have to put all four of us in the same room.”

He looked at me surprised nodding with a smile stretching his plump, juicy lips. Yum. “Let’s go then.”

I stood and followed him as he lead me through a familiar hallway to where we dropped off Babel. “Kara?”

Babel said surprised as she snapped her neck towards where Officer Millar and I were standing eavesdropping on Officer Collins’ interrogation, let me just say he has a way with words. “What are you doing here?”

“We are going to tell them the truth Babel,” I said walking over to her, “Can I get a chair too?”

Millar nodded as he disappeared through the door. “Confess?!” Babel screeched, “What are you talking about woman?”

“The hospital, what happened with Old John.” Her eyes bulged out as she hid her head into her palms groaning. We swore never to tell anyone, but this was getting way out of hand. I mean it was a simple mistake, it could happen to anyone, they would understand right?

“Commence.”

I looked up to be greeted by the handsome Officer Collins, sure he was annoying and a cop, but that didn’t take anything away from his handsome face. “We are missing Liam and John. That was the deal,” I said smoothly patting Babel on her slump back, “Listen,” I whispered into her ear, “whatever happens, happens. I’ll be right here. What’s better then going to jail together?” I joked earning a smack. Okay, I deserve that one. After all it was sort of my idea.

“Here they are,” Miller smiled as he escorted Liam and a grouchy John to the table with their chairs and a chair for me.

“Thanks,” I smiled looking up as I sat down. This was going to take forever….

Babel’s POV

I slumped down on the table groaning. This couldn’t be happening. Stupid Kara, we agreed never to speak of that incident ever again. I’d rather get stuffed into a jail cell then remember what happened that night at the hospital. Sure, I was a huge misunderstanding and now they were trying to pin attempted murder to out rap sheet, but it was nothing like that. I groaned loudly as I heard the other cop, Liam and John enter the room. Man they were going to hear this too… gosh.

“Alright,” Collins said. I could hear the smile in his voice making groan again, “Get up Babel, Kara made the deal now you must tell us. Don’t leave anything out, okay.” I looked up and saw his wink followed with the smirk that I’ve seen before.

“Then why doesn’t she tell you?” I asked glaring at his amused face.

“Well because she isn’t the one running away shirtless,” He retorted with a smug look as he pulled out the pictures again.

Sighing I straightened up. This was going to be embarrassing.

I cleared my throat and cracked my neck loudly. “So it all started when….”

__________________________________

sorry it took forever, but i was trying to plan this story out more...eh, it didnt really work lol, i guess we will see what happens next...:D

let me know what you think :p