chapter 3- the right to remain sexy...

Babel, over there on the right ---->

_____________

"Stop!"

Without looking back I stopped. A cold sensation ran through my spine as I was pushed against the wall.

"Your under arrest."

Those four words I have been trying to avoid since my eighteenth birthday because now I go to big girl jail. And that's not a very pleasant place by what I have heard. I felt as my hands were twisted painfully and put into handcuffs.

"You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law."

"Kara? Kara...?" I yelled. I listened to the cop but I was worried about Kara. Where did she go? Did she get caught too?

"You friend ditched you."

I tried to crank my neck to the side to see the person who was emitting the annoying voice, but my neck was snapped back violently.

"Ouch," I yelled.

"Keep your eyes forward at all times."

His reply was smooth and simple as if he didn't just almost killed me.

"Jerk..." I mumbled as he keep pushing me forward. I have to admit that I like being escorted to who knows where because it made me feel like a badass. I'm pretty sure I looked like one too.

The smile on my face was hard to hide so after a minute or so I didn't fight it. I'm going to jail might as well enjoy the ride right? I think yes.

****

After enduring the wretched ride to the station I was put in a small, barely breathable room. One mirror window extended to my right taking up most of the wall as a door laid to my left.

"Hello..." I called out to the empty room. Me alone in a room isn't very cool. Not that I'm afraid or anything. "Hey, I know your watching and whatever you think I did I didn't do it, I swear."

Exhausted I rested my head on the metal table before me and bang it a couple times. Why am I the one always getting caught?

"That's what all criminals say young lady. And your no exception."

My head snapped up and an old, grey-haired, beer belly policeman stood chewing on a pink frosted donut leaning on the door frame.

"Especially pretty ones like you."

"That's sexually harass-"

"Cork it, devil." A sharp, annoying voice cut me off.

My eyes narrowed and glared at the figure standing next to fatty as I recognized his voice. "Its you!" I accused. It had to be, that voice was exactly the same as the one from earlier.

The smirk on his face enlarged as he moved quickly to the metal table and sat across from me with fatty following.  

"We have a few questions to ask you," he informed me still smirking.

"I want my lawyer," I stated still glaring at him. I have seen enough CSI and Law and Order to know the drill. Good cop and bad cop, I think I got this.

_________________________________________

joke #3

There was this guy at a bar, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.

Then, this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry."

"No, it's not that. This ...day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I go late to my office. My boss, outrageous, fires me. When I leave the building, to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police said that they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home, and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away."

"I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar. And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison."