"I'm going to go check on her." Mom says and gets up off the couch. A few minutes later, she comes back down, looking defeated.

"She locked herself in and won't answer me." She says

*******************************

The week goes by and Gray doesn't come out of her room once. Mom makes her breakfast and dinner everyday and leaves it outside her door. The whole six days she's been in there, she's only eaten four meals.

My phone buzzes on my nightstand. When I roll over and get it, the caller ID shows Fallon's number.

"What." I mumble

"How's Gray?" He asks frantically.

"Just like I told you yesterday, and the day before, and the day before, she's still in her room." I say, annoyed by his voice.

"You don't have to be such an ass. I'm worried about her. Is that so bad?" He snaps

"If you're so worried then why don't you come see for yourself?" I say, matching his tone.

"You know what? I will. See you in ten minutes asshole." He says and hangs up. I scoff and continue the book report I was writing.

*****(GRAYS POV)*****

I stare blankly at the ceiling, staying completely still. I only blink when my eyes start to burn because I barley he the strength to do that. I'm aware that my hair is greasy from six days of not being washed, but I can't actually being myself to care.

A knock at the door breaks my thoughts, but I continue to stare at the ceiling. It's probably just Dani bringing me more food. The last time I ate was Thursday, five days ago, but strangely enough, I'm not hungry. Sleep comes and goes, the only way I'm able to tell time is by the digital clock on my nightstand. My phone died days ago and I have no desire to charge it.

I thought that I would be crying constantly, like you see in movies, but I only cried the first two days the I couldn't bring myself to cry anymore. I think about her all the time though. In my dreams she floats in and out, and I remember every little fight that we had, every time I got mad when I should've at least tried to see her side of things.

She's the bravest person I've ever known. When my dad left, she raised me with no help. My family has never really been that close. I don't even know half of their names but Mom didn't hesitate to give up the life she'd become accustomed to, giving me everything I need and more.

Another knock rattles the door, but I ignore it again. I hear a key moving around in the door handle and the door opens.

"Please go away James." I say and my voice sounds foreign. I haven't talked in almost a week.

"It's me baby." I turn my head and see Fallon sanding in the door. He has a teddy bear in his hands.

"Oh." I say and move my head back to the way it was so I can look at the ceiling again. The bed must have a permeant dip in it. The only time I've gotten up is to use the bathroom.

"Can I come in?" He asks, talking to me like you would talk to a small child, slow and gentle.

"Yes." My voice cracks and I'm not surprised. I feel the bed dip down where he is sitting and I turn my head to face him. He smiles softly at me and I try to smile back, but for some reason a can't. Like my face forgot how.

"Are you hungry?" He asks

"No." I say and he sits back against the headboard and pulls me into his lap. His heart beats quickly against my ear.

"Gray this isn't healthy. I understand that you're sad, sadder than you ever could've imagined, but you need to take care of yourself." He says

"How could you possibly understand? I just lost my mom. She's the only family I had." My voice is monotone and still alien sounding.

"I lost my dad when I was ten. You need to take care of yourself though. Starving yourself won't bring her back. I tried begging and bargaining and whatever else I could think to do, but the truth is, you just can't get them back. It's going to hurt, for a long time, but you need to try and not let your loss rule your life." He says and I pick my head up weakly.

"I'm sorry." I say

"Don't be. You didn't know. But you need to get dressed and then we're going to eat something." He says

"I have to take a shower." I croak and he nods

"Whatever you need. I'll be out here waiting for you." He says

"Can you go with me?" I ask quietly

"I don't think that's the best idea." He says hesitantly.

"No, I don't want to have sex or anything. I just... I just need you to be with me. Is that okay?" I ask

"Okay." He says and follows me into the bathroom.