Chapter 12

The video above is extremely sad. Later in the chapter it'll come into play. DONT PLAY UNTIL AFTER YOU READ! TW: Self Harm mentioned indirectly...

John POV:

The castle was lonelier than I had imagined. It had been a few days since Alexander visited me. Everyday brought more and more boredom, boredom and loneliness. So I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and go outside into the gardens. Every flower I passed in the sweetly smelling yard was unknown to me. So I plucked at least one of each kind to make into a flower crown and a bouquet. Every color seemed brighter as I walked deeper into the lush greenery. I suddenly remembered the small pond I could see from my room. Smiling I raced towards it, hoping to find a few turtles and a person to talk to. The vines were thick, nearly blocking the path, but I made it. It was beautiful. There were glittering gems embedded in the tall trees. Small stones formed a path to a large stone in the center just big enough to dance on. Flower veils adorned what could be considered walls if you had an imagination. I hopped across the stones to the large one and sat down to make my flower crown. I ended up making two. Just then I heard a rustle in the bushes. I stood up suddenly, nervous as to who it might be. A small young boy with a ponytail stumbled into the clearing. Alexander. I smile.

"Alex!" I call out to him. He looks up at me. Smiling half heartedly, he makes his way over.

"Hello John." His voice is rough, like he's been crying. I wrap my arm around him out of instinct. He snuggles into the embrace. "I can't go home."

"What?" I say in a hushed voice, as if anything above a whisper might scare him away. His body is warm against mine, fitting against mine like a puzzle piece, like he was made to lay next to me. The ground, or rock, shifts to become soft. I look down to see the middle of the rock has turned to a bed. I get under the blankets bringing a crying Alexander with me. We lay there silently for a minute before Alex speaks up.

"A girl in my university class was found dead yesterday. Her wrists were slit." His voice cracks. "She uh, she left a song for another girl. I don't understand why they would do that." He starts sobbing again. "I mean, I think they were both being bullied but... Oh god why?" His sobs start to force his body to shake. "My, my cousin did the same thing when I was no more than thirteen. To see another person do the same... I just, I can't!"

"Alex, shh, it'll be ok, I promise." I try to soothe him, but those poor young girls. It got to me. I hold him closer to me. I feel so strange. I'm upset because of the deaths, but I feel happy because Alex is in my embrace, in my  arms. It feels so right. I pull him flush against me as he buries his face in my tunic. I start to hum a small tune.

"I may not live to see our glory," I sing to him.

"I may not live to see our glory," He echoes.

"But I will gladly join the  fight," I continue.

"But I will gladly join the fight," He repeats.

"And when our children tell our story."

"They'll tell the story of tonight," I nearly coo. He starts singing along. "Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away, no matter what they tell you. Raise a glass to the two of us, tomorrow there'll be more of us, telling the story of tonight. They'll tell the story of tonight. Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away no matter what they tell you. Lets have another round tonight. Raise a glass to the two of us, tomorrow there'll be more of us, telling the story of tonight. Let's have another round tonight, they'll tell the story of tonight, lets have another round tonight, raise a glass to freedom, they'll tell the story of tonight, raise a glass to freedom, they'll tell the story of tonight, they'll tell the story of tonight..." We finish the small song as his sobs turn to sniffles.

"Thank you John," He says quietly. His face is so close to my own, his eyes stare right into mine. He smells like a lavender flower combined with ink. His cheeks are red, his eyes swollen from his tears. Yet, he's still breath taking. I lean my forehead against his, breathing slowly to calm my nerves. His hands find their way to the back of my neck and my chin. His eyes close, as do mine. My heart starts to race as I feel the heat radiating off his face, knowing he's drawing ever closer to me. I lean in slowly, and then our lips meet. His are soft but rough at the same time. My arms snake around his waist as his hands undo my ponytail, running his fingers through my curls and waves then gripping at it to pull me closer. We break apart after we run out of air.

"I think I like you a lot John." Alex whispered into my ear as he snuggled back into my side. My breath caught in my throat.

"I think so too Alexander."

HEY LOOKIE I DIDNT MAKE YOU CRY THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sHyLyAnGeLiC oUt