Chapter 6

Laurens POV

So there are a few things we need to get straight right now. One, I kissed Alex, and I loved it. Two, he loved it too. Three, Eliza is dead to me right now. Four, I have absolutely no clue what to do now.

Alex sat next to me as we sat in silence.

"I don't know John." He said quietly. I stared at him. I didn't know what to say. We had known each other for only a few days, two to be exact, but I already felt a connection.

"Maybe we should give this some time?" I say, not really wanting to, but I knew it was the best thing to do right now. His head sagged, and I knew I had to make the most of what I had. "That doesn't mean we can't have tonight before we go slow..."

He looked at me.

WARNING, I, SHYLYANGELIC, GIVE FULL WARNING OF THE NEXT FEW PARAGRAPHS AHEAD OF TIME. LIKE LAST TIME I SUGGEST IF YOU KNOW ME PERSONALLY YOU LEAVE AND READ SOMETHING ELSE! K YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! YES I DID DO THAT CLICHE CHPTER FUCK OFF IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM! :)

I look at him. Then the mood is ruined by some fucking storm that can just leave and die. The power goes out as well with a pop. Great. I get up to grab some candles and flash lights so I don't die from tripping over some random thing, but when I get back, Alex isn't on the couch. I look around, but its too dark to see. I hear soft sobs from a corner of the room but I can't find that long haired adorable guy. I switch on a flashlight and aim it towards the corner. I see him. He's shaking and crying, curled up into a ball under a small table. I crouched by him and put my hand on his shoulder to steady him. He flinched under my touch, to think only minutes ago it was me. It was me flinching under his soft fingers and warm lips. It was terrifying to feel so much and fall so fast, but I disguised it well. I'm used to doing that. He is so small, almost fragile. Not in that closet mind you, but most of the time, he seems underweight and meek.

Looking back on it, I was extremely, undeniably wrong. Alexander was stronger, smarter, kinder, more outspoken and hard working then anyone could ever imagine. Alexander was, is, the best person to walk into my life. I've never really had the best of luck, but with Alex? He was one stroke of good luck when everything else fell away. But I'm getting ahead of myself, back to the night of the storm...

He shook. He cried. I reached out again, pulling him into me, holding him close. He was shaking even harder than I thought. I didn't know what to do. I picked him up bridal style and carried him back to the couch. I held him close and pulled a blanket over us. He kept crying, but softer. And he stopped shaking. The rain outside pelted the window but with each droplet, Alexander's eyes flashed with pain and fear.

"Alex? Why are you scared?"

That's all for now folks! I met up with a few friends and so I have plenty more jokes for y'all.....

ShylyAngelic OUT