Chapter 8

So let me explain somethings. John is in a coma. Meaning, whenever I do John's POV, it's not going to be REAL LIFE. But when someone says something in Alex's POV, it could potentially end up in John's fantasy. John's fantasy? You'll see....

John's POV:

I wake up in a field of roses. A small woman walks up to me. Her hair bounces in its long ponytail. It's brown and wavy, with gold and red highlights. Her silver wings were swirling in a crescent moon shape with swirls coming off them. Her dark blue dress had tiny silver dots making her knee length flowy dress look like it was made out of the night sky. Her kind eyes were dark blue and she had doll lips and freckles across her face. She knelt down near me.

"Hello young man," She almost whispered, "I'm Angie."

I looked around as I sat up. My clothes were silky, but not quite. They felt light, as if I could fly in them, but I reached behind to discover I had no wings of my own. My hair fell into my face and I tied it back with a leather band I had around my wrist. I got a good look at my pants. They looked like wood sewn together but in fabric form. I didn't have shoes on. I stood and the fairy stood with me.

"Hello?" She questioned.

"Hi." I said softly.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Uhh.... John. John Laurens." I said. She nodded and grabbed my arm. "Come on, we have work to do."

I felt extremely confused. Where was I? How did I end up here? Why can I only remember my name? I can remember a few things, things that seem basic of course... I caught a glimpse of a young man. His eyes were a warm brown. His olive skin was flawless and his brown hair was pulled into a ponytail. He had wings like a dragonfly. His clothes were simple, a blue tunic and black pants. He had a vine wrapped around his left arm like a bracelet or a glove. He looked at me, and I melted. Then he was gone. I saw beautiful orchards of a glowing fruit, colorful gardens filled with unknown plants. I saw a river that flowed into a small cave. I saw mountains and valleys. Then we arrived at presumably her house. I walked into the small entry way. I looked in the mirror. I had on a pale green tunic tied at the waist with some small rope. I had a small decal of a turtle on my wrist I hadn't noticed before. I had freckles spattered across my nose and cheeks under my hazel eyes. Just then, I heard the door open again and a team of people rushed me out of the house.

I woke up again this time in a bed. This was a medieval bedroom though, and I got up to look through the window. I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in?" I asked more than said.

The door swung open to reveal Angie and two men I didn't know. They were dressed in chain mail like Knights. One had big black shoulder length hair and a crown, the other was bald with dark skin. I assumed that the one with the crown was a king. He spoke.

"Hello son. I'm King Jefferson, this is my daughter, Princess Angie Jefferson, my royal adviser, Sir Madison and-" A young man stepped out from behind Angie, who now wore a yellow, floor length dress resembling a plain ball gown, "Prince Lafayette, my son. You are my second son John Laurens. Your sister Angie found you after we had been searching for you for ten years." Jefferson concluded. The other Prince, Lafayette, looked just like his father, but his hair was pulled back and he wore a more casual prince get up. My clothes were now Royal, a white tunic and black pants with a belt now replaced my old clothes. I had a sword. I felt cool.

"Sir?" I questioned.

"Yes?"

"I- Thank you."

"No problem my son." He said as he left.

Angie walked up to me. She smiled softly and sat in my bed. "We didn't know if you'd come back or not. We played such a long waiting game. It's good that we found you though, a giant is terrorizing the kingdom." She rambled.

"Why are you the only one with wings?" I asked out of the blue.

"My mom was his first wife, she was a fairy. But she was killed. I don't like talking about it." She whispered. I acknowledged her unwillingness to answer and she left.

My mind wandered back to the man I saw today. The one with olive skin and a friendly smile. The brown eyes and chocolate hair. The one with the wings like a dragonfly. I can't get him out of my head, so I look around my room for things to do. There's chess, an easel, books, but not much else. I paced a while, before I sat down again. Finally I decided look out my window and gaze at the fields of flowers, the forest, the tiny hidden lagoon that I was pretty sure you could only see from my room, and then the tiny little ledge balcony thing below me. I did a double take. Below me stood that man from earlier. I looked down again and he looked up.

"Hello, I'm Alexander." He said shyly. Smiled. His voice was nice. I like his eyes. He's quite cute. But if he's a servant... I don't remember being Royal, but I certainly know what happens to servants who get involved with royalty.

"I'm John. John Laurens." I tell him. He smiled up at me and climbed up a bit until he could slide through my window. He landed on the floor and I sat next to him.

"So, who are you Alexander?"

AHHHHHHHH YOU HAVE NO CLUE THE THINGS I HAVE IN STORE! I'm making drawings of all the characters in their fantasy clothes. But this was cute right? Did I make up for the whole crash? I hope so. The whole him getting yanked out of her house was him being rushed from the ambulance to the hospital. Ok. Wow. 1,000 words. Well almost. Ok. Love you so much!

ShylyAngelic OUT