Chapter Two

The first time I spoke to Alex we were in jail, waiting to get bailed out or set free. The next time we talked? It was about midnight and we had both literally ran into each other outside of my dorm. I was carrying coffee. We all know how that turned out. We both audibly sighed as I opened the door to my building and we climbed the stairs, my red faced and embarrassed, him hooting with laughter. I like his laugh, its really nice to listen to. I grab the handle of the door to my level and held it open for him, just as Lafayette and Hercules walked past, giggling like two school girls.

"JOHN!" Herc yells excitedly, and I bury my face in my hands. Now was not the time for their loud mouths to embarrass him further.

"Hi, you must be John's friends, Hercules and Lafayette!" Alex says excitedly. He must not have many people to hang out with if he's just met them, they're friends with everyone.

"Ah oui, je suis Lafayette. Ce n'est mon partenaire dans le crime Hercules. Je vous ai rencontré hier soir dans la voiture à la residence. (Ah yes, I am Lafayette. This is my partner in crime Hercules. I met you last night in the car back to the dorms.)" Lafayette tells him in French. To my surprise, Alex responds in French as well.

"Oh oui, c'est vrai. Est que souvent, John en prison ? Ils ont un pointage aller pour qui a arrêté John le plus, a dit l'officier. Certains gars nommé George Washington est gagnant.(Oh yes, that's right. Is John in jail that often? The officer said they have a tally going for who's arrested John the most. Some guy named George Washington is winning?)" Lafayette nearly falls over with excitement. The fact Alex speaks fluent French must be a huge plus for him, seeing as he pulls Alex towards the hallway, and Alex turns around to plead with me to save him. Herc and I just laugh. Five minutes later Alex comes back and grabs my arm. I wave at Hercules as he goes to where ever Laf has disappeared to.

"Your friend is crazier then you! He literally gave me a list of phone numbers and half of them are people I don't even know. I mean who's Margarita? And Maria. I don't know anyone! Well except him and you of course." He blushes slightly, obviously he didn't mean to reveal that much information. I smiled reassuringly.

"Hey its ok, Laf did the same to me. I hardly knew anyone then he just handed me phone numbers for him and Herc and some others. How I met them in person? That's a story for later." We stepped into my dorm and I offered him a shirt. He smiled gratefully, and accepted. Pulling his stained shirt off, I grabbed it and started rinsing out the coffee as fast as possible. I wasn't going to let it get permanently stained, it would be rude. After all, I did stain it. Alex creeps up behind me, startling me so much I splash myself with the water.

"ALEX!!!" I yell, looking down at my stained shirt and jeans. He cackles at his prank.

"Just repaying the favor." He says sarcastically. The. He tosses a shirt at me. "You're welcome."

I just stood there in shock. "What the hell?" I said. "My shirt!" He cackled again.

"I'm so sorry John, I totally didn't mean to!" He said as sarcastically as possible.

"Why don't I believe you?"

He prances around the room. "I dunno Laurens? Why don't you?"

That- Lafayette barges in. "Laurens what is this I hear about Washington arresting you?" I turn. "GEORGE WASHINGTON? OUR OLD HISTORY TEACHER?"

I shrug. "Yeah? So?"

Hercules shakes me. "I WANT TO SEE HIM? DUH?"

Alex looks confused. "What?"

Herc and Lafayette giggle. "Oh yes, our history teacher turned cop. Love him. Acts exactly like a dad." I explain.

Alex laughs. "Well I guess that's cool."

I shrug. "I guess it is."