At his words, she snapped out of her trance; giving him a brisk nod to tell him that she was ready. My mate turned to me. "Ready?" He asked, the pleading look he was directing at me making it clear that he wasn't. I flashed him a reassuring smile as I nodded; urging him to trust my judgement through the bond. He looked resigned as he took a few steps back; raising his hand before striking it down to mark the start of our combat match.

I ripped my gaze away from my mate and focused on Camille; who was now circling me with a predatory look in her eyes. My wolf stirred as she realised what was going on; my eyes immediately darkening to a deep charcoal colour as she lent me her inhuman abilities. It was a trick I’d mastered during my training sessions in the year after my parents death; the capability to use my wolf’s skills without shifting.

Camille lunged; her body shooting towards me faster than any other shifter I’d been up against, besides Logan, ever had. I easily dodged her as I shot to the side; landing on my arms and shooting myself back up again as I did a back flip. She didn’t seem fazed as she charged again; her fist flying out towards my head at a deadly speed.

I grabbed her clenched hand mid punch and forced it up; sending her arching backwards. Before she could fall, she stabilized herself; which was exactly what I had expected her to do. I fell back onto my arms before launching my feet off of the ground as quickly as I could. Before she could react, the tips of my feet collided with her chin, hard; pushing her back. My feet flew over my head and I effortlessly landed on them again as I did another back flip.

Camille didn’t look like she would be quitting any time soon as she let out a battle cry; running towards me with a look of pure determination in her eyes. I froze in my current stance; letting her get close enough to think she had the upper hand before I dodged her next hit as I spun around; her leg missing my hip by a centimetre as she kicked out at me.

She seemed to have put a lot of effort into that kick; her body falling forwards as she lost her balance. Just as my feet touched the ground; I twisted and shot my leg out, smacking her right across the chest; sending her away as the air was forced out of her lungs. She landed in a heap on the grass a few feet from me; her eyes closed as she lay there motionless.

I began to walk back to Logan; enjoying the look of unadulterated astonishment on everyone’s face as they watched me strut back to my mate. A few seconds later, I heard Camille get up behind me; my lips lifting up at one side in a small smirk as I watched everyone battle to keep their faces the way they currently were as they tried to keep the fact from me.

I had to admit that I was impressed by how quietly my opponent could move, even though it was nowhere near silent enough to keep from being heard by me. I kept walking with a huge smile on my face for everyone to see; truly amused at Camille’s attempt to try and attack me from behind as I heard her close to soundless sprint towards me.

My eyes met my mate’s for half a second before I flashed him a wink; shooting around faster than Camille could take another step. I found her barely an arm’s length away from me. My wolf lent me all of her strength as my fist flew out towards my opponent’s head; my fist colliding with the side of her cheek with satisfying force. She once again flew a few feet away before her body smacked onto the ground; her hand clasped over her reddening skin.

She was up and striking at me in an instant; her fists flying out at inhuman speeds. I dodged all of her attacks; managing to get a few hits onto her throughout her assault. She took a step back after I’d punched her for the fifth time; her chest rising and falling in short successions. “Are you ready to stop yet?” I asked; keeping my hands up as I prepared for any other moves she’d make.

She shook her head as a smile appeared on her lips; revealing her blood-stained teeth. That grin looked incredibly odd on her already bruised face. “Luna, you’re new here so you don’t know this. During a Blood Moon pack combat session; we don’t stop until one of us is unconscious. That is the way we’re trained.” She explained; seeming not at all bothered by the fact. No wonder Logan was so worried, I concluded.