Chapter 18 : Let Them Win, Hyung

After a while, Cheerin calmed down. Her teammates patted her back, giving her courage.

"It's ok...It's ok..." She told her teammates. She didn't want to be touched. She swept her teammate's hand off her. Then, she crossed her arms and gave Kwangsoo a glare. Kwangsoo saw it. "Owhh, Hyung! She glared me viciously. It's scary." He cried. "Pali!" Cheerin hurried the red team. Kwangsoo could only shook his head in agreement.

Kwangsoo started jumping. "GYAAHH!!!" He shouted, trying his best to endure the absolute pain. But, due to his weak legs, he only jumped 6 times. Jihyo, who didn't seem to be satisfied with his result, scolded him. "YA! Why are you really weak?" She yelled at him and grabbed his hair, swinging him back and forth. "It hurts." Kwangsoo answered.

Next was Gary's turn, the king of pain endurance. He took the jump rope and stepped to the carpet. He tried to endure the pain too. He started jumping. One, two, and more. "ah..Ah....AAHH!" He yelled everytime his feet touched the carpet. He managed to do 13 jumps. That's quite a lot! His teammates were impressed. Even Mark smiled at him and gave him a thumbs-up. Jaesuk noticed him smilling and smiled too.

"Mark, is it me or is it the first time you've smiled today?" Jaesuk joked.

"Ahaha...Jaesuk hyung, this is the first time." Mark answered, trying to be funny. "You know, this is actually quite fun!" He confessed with a big smile on his face. He put his hands on his hips. Everyone laughed at him.

The game started again. It was jihyo's turn to jump. But she was no ordinary girl. She managed to jump 14 times. That's our ACE! She even beat the king of pain endurance.

Next was Jaesuk's turn. He stepped to the carpet full of confidence. "I will show you who I really am." He pointed to Mark. Mark could only laughed. Jaesuk started to look serious, when suddenly..."PD, what time is it?" Haha went in front of him for a joke. He was quickly scolded by that."Eeeee....What the?" Red team yelled at him. Jaesuk went to Haha, and grabbed his shoulder, so did Haha. "YAA!!!" They shouted at each other.

This time, it is real. Jaesuk took a deep breathe and started jumping. PAK! What luck did he has? He manage to do 0 jumps? Blue team laughed at him so hard, they could not even breathe properly. Jaesuk was humiliated again for today. He laughed all by himself in disbelief. The red team was totally suprised. "I thought you said to show me what you really are." Mark asked him in disbelief as well. "Ah...That's not myself. I am just trying to make everyone laughed" Jaesuk tried to make an excuse shamelessly.

The current total score for the red team was 33. If the team managed to do 17 more jumps, they would win. Malik volunteered himself and tried his best. He managed to do exactly 7 jumps. So, Mark stepped up to the carpet and did some little hops for warming up. He stretched his legs and hands. Both teams were nervous.He started jumping. One, two, three, and more jumps! Until finally...HE MANAGED TO DO 13 JUMPS! Red team was happy for their glorious win. The blue team was discouraged, seeing how close they could've loose. They were unhappy, except for Cheerin. She crossed her arms, making a terrifying smile on her face.

"What's wrong? I thought you were unhappy because we've lost?" Jong Kook asked her.

"Owh, let them win, oppa. It's just a game. After all, we still have the final mission to win. You better watch out, Kwangsoo." Cheerin warned Kwangsoo. She gave the red team goosebumps. Seeing Cheerin was unhappy, Kwangsoo immediately gave her a 90 degree bow. "Mianhae!" Kwangsoo said.

***

The red team got theirselves another bag of 5 tickets, while the blue team got theirselves a bag of 2 tickets. But, the PDs are flustered.

"After we saw your current total points, both of the teams had exactly the same total, which is 14 points." Cho PD explained to both teams. Both teams were suprised too.

"We need at least 1 team with the most points for the final mission. We (the crew) knew this could happen, so off to your final mini game!" Cho PD pointed to another court beside them. There was no other choice but to play again. Both teams set off to the court.