Never Knew // BAM // Part 1

A/N: heya x this book is called 'Never Knew' and is a Bars and Melody fanfiction. This is the first book to the series. I hope you enjoy reading!! X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mias POV:

I'm currently snuggled under a million blankets in my bed, eating cheese and onion flavoured pringles. I have no idea how long I've been here for, snuggled up. All I feel is emptiness. Food is my life right now. Literally. Oh, and of course music.

"Mia! Get out of your room, now!" My Mum bellowed from outside of my room, banging on the door powerfully. I locked the door ages ago so nobody can disturb my heartbreak. I mumble a groan in response, pulling the bed covers further over my head in hope that the outside world leaves by the time I pull them away.

Ever since my ex Logan broke up with me (13 days, 2hours, 32 minutes) I've been in my bedroom. Cry, eat, sleep, repeat. Listening to heavy metal music and songs that express my emotions.

"Mia, this is your final warning! Either get out of your room or I'll be taking you to a therapist!" She angrily yelled again.

I get that I've been cooped up in my room, but she was probably the same over her high school boyfriends.

"Fine. Ill go outside" I muttered, letting out a heavy breath. I'll have to face this world some day.

5 minutes later, I managed to throw my blankets off of me. The warmth coming from the blankets instantly left me, leaving me cold and shivering.

I warily glared around my surroundings to see my fairy lights flashing and my camera on my bedside table with some plants and a lamp. I peered over at my camera. The item I possess the most. All throughout the summer holidays I've just been taking photographs - well since 45 seconds before Logan broke up with me. It's what helps me to capture memories, keep them with me forever.

I sighed, pulling myself out of my thoughts as I stood up, my legs wobbling. I stare at myself in the mirror, staring at it in pure disbelief. I then decided on pouting at my ugly reflection looking back at me. Messy hair, eyes swolen and bloodshot from crying, face pale. I need a shower.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I finish my shower and throw my white, fluffy dressing gown on. What do I wear? I look desperately around my wardrobe.

I need new clothes.

Sighing, I throw on a black crop top, leggings, black hoodie, black nikes. I like black throughout the year. It's like black is capable of expressing my mood. I glanced down at my dark brown hair, sighing as it dangled loosely over my shoulders. My hair has grown quite long now, it's near to reaching my hips. I could do with re-styling it at some point. I then gazed into my eyes which is a warm brown colour, which in my opinion, they look pretty dull and boring. I hate how I look at times. It's so boring and plain. I bit my lip, my face still pale and eyes still bloodshot.

I'll have to go somewhere where there won't be anyone I know around.

I grab my purse and go.

*•*•*•*•*•*

I awkwardly stroll down the street, staring at the streets ground, not wanting to look at anyone in case they judge me for what I'm currently wearing and what I currently look like.

I just caught the bus for an hour or so to go to Swansea. Everything's so quite and peaceful, so that's why it's worth coming here.

I breathed in the comforting fresh air, which actually feels quite nice considering I haven't felt it for a while. I have my hands in my hoodie pockets, a permanent frown etched across my face.

I stroll across the streets, right next to a beach, watching the dark blue waves collapse, helping me to feel relaxed. It looks around 6pm, due to the fact that the sun is currently setting over the horizon, and reflecting on the sea.

Suddenly, I hear soft guitar strings. The most gorgeous sound ever. I look ahead to see a guy who looks around my age, sat on the floor with a charity pot next to him. I scurry quickly towards him, not knowing what urged me to get to see more of this mysterious guy. But a part of me knew it was an attempt to try and see his features better.

He has black ripped jeans on with a baggy grey jumper. Simple yet hot. He has light brown hair, which covers some of his face. It's quite long, however suits him. He has a small smile on his face, his white teeth glimmering in the dim evening sky. I stood their memorised by his guitar playing and his features. His eyes are closed as he melts into his music. You can clearly tell he's in love with playing it.

Once he finished his song, which ended so naturally beautiful, I stood their staring at him like a looney. I felt my jaw drop, gazing at him in complete adoration.

He slowly opened his eyes, warming his brown chocolatey eyes into mine. I instantly knew that his eyes were the best feature of him as I felt myself melt at his gorgeousness. He genuinely smiled at me, causing my knees to become weak.

"Hi." His Welsh voice spoke, sounding light and cheerful. A small grin on his face, his eyes glistening in pure joy.

"H-hey.." I mumbled, blushing from the circumstances. "your music is beautiful" I weakly smile at him, putting a £5 note into the charity box.

"Thank you!" He grinned, "everybody else walks off" he laughed. I sigh. Why'd anyone walk off from his beautiful music? Or him?

"Oh.. Thats a shame. I was so attached to your music" I grinned, not knowing why I felt so comfortable around a stranger.

He stared into my eyes, curiosity flooding them as he cocked his head to the side. I felt a part of my body tingle in excitement, and a part of me connect to this guy.