Chapter 27

1 month later....

Barclay- I mean Brandon, and I have gotten along much better now. He informed me of all the things I had forgotten. And boy was that a hassle. We argued practically once every day but most of the time it wasn't serious. Just little bickers.

Never knew I had forgotten so many. I did, of course have to confirm it with a doctor since I still wasn't sure about all the things Bar- Brandon was telling me was true. He told me about him cheating, the mate bond, Markus, why Amy became traitorous, and everything else. I have no idea why I keep thinking his name is Barclay...

He's been taking care of me, everyday after school, he would come over to check on me, give me some work the teachers had assigned me. He really was amazing.

Today I was prepared to go to school after trying to catch up with all the work I had forgotten. Brandon had helped a lot, I didn't know he was so brainy.

"Ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I muttered.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." He winked at me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, he has made me avoid Markus at all costs, even though Markus was my neighbour. Brandon didn't allow him in the house or anything similar. I don't really know what Markus did, Brandon won't tell me why they hate each other so much.

"Let's go then Barclay!" Sometimes I say his name wrong just to annoy him. He groaned in annoyance.

"Don't call me that please." He said dragging out 'please'.

I ruffled his hair and on the way out, we saw Markus. He stared intensely at me and I straed back. I couldn't break the eye contact, his eyes scream 'come over here'.

"Go away fang boy." Brandon growled.

"Now, now, be nice. Besides, I have fangs too. Does that mean you call me 'fang girl'? No you don't, so don't call him that either." I said trying to act all posh.

Markus snickered while Brandon just shot me a 'are you serious' look.

I patted his head, seems as if I was obessed with his hair.

Entereing school, I won't lie, was nerve-wracking. I never knew how nervous I was until I got through the gates.

Brandon looked at me reasurringly. I gulped a little when everyone started staring at me. Then my inner leader came out.

"There's nothing to see here. Get back to your conversations." I ordered. Everyone immediately turned back around.

"Woah. That was cool." He said.

"Shut up Barclay."

"Welcome back Miss Thomas." My German teacher said. "Everyone say willkommen zurück!"

The class grumpily repeated after the teacher.

"You can sit next to Markus."

There was a pause in my stride but I didn't want anyone to notice so I forced myself towards the seat.

He's no good.

Brandon's words were in my head. But I didn't actually know what happened so maybe I should hear both sides of the story before making a judgement.

"Hey." He said shooting me a lopsided smile.

"Hi." I said back not looking at him.

"Don't be like that." He had no idea what I had been through the past month. He probably just thought I was ill or something for not going ot school, but actually, I lost my memory.