Chapter 22

Brandon walked me home as we talked about what we newly discovered. I was confused and was unable to take everything in. Call me a over reactor but if you were in my position, you would probably be worse than me.

I needed to clear my head. There were too many things happening at once.

"Bye. And... thanks." I said and walked into my house.

"Bye." I heard him mutter outside the door.

I threw my bags onto the floor and ran up the stairs two steps at a time. I laid down into my bed and took my phone out. Its hard to believe this was given to me by Markus not too long ago. But now he felt like a complete stranger again.

It felt as if I couldn't trust anyone. Everyone was as dangerous as the next. I was scared.

I put my phone on my desk and decided I needed a shower. I grabbed my bath robe and turned the water on.

After around an hour of soaking in the water, I thought I should probably get out or my mom will think I'm dead.

I returned to my room to find my phone flashing indicating there was a message.

I opened it to see that it was from an unknown number.

It read:

Hey Emma, it's just me Brandon. I got the number from Markus since he suddenly trusts me.

I just thought that maybe I could come pick you up before school if that's okay with you.

Brandon

Why was he suddenly being so nice to me.

No sorry I have to walk with Markus in the mornings.

I replied. I still had trust issues with him and I wasn't prepared to forgive so easily this time

I decided to text Markus to see if he was still walking with me.

Hey, are you still walking?

Not long after I got a message back replying with a simple,

Maybe.

What's that supposed to mean? I'll just go knock on his door in the morning.

I was in a strange room. it was black and there were no windows or lights anywhere.

I sat up to find my hands and feet chained to the floor. I tried breaking through them but they were made of silver and it burned my skin. I seethed in pain and stopped moving.

"Help!" I shouted. But my voice just got swallowed by emptiness. No one was going to hear me. What was happening. Who was doing this to me.

Was this how I was going to die? Being burned by the silver and not being able to feed? Was this the end of my life?

I was overthinking. All I need is a plan. Stop panicking.

I screamed out in frustration when I felt something hold me by my neck, pushing me down.

"Stop!" I choked out in pain.

"I don't think so sweetheart." That voice was too familiar. I knew it but I didn't. If that makes sense. "I'm going to finish you off like I was supposed to all those years ago."

I saw the stranger pull something from behind him which resembled a gun.

"Silver nitrate. It will do the job." It stood up taking a step back before pulling the trigger.

I woke up with beads of sweat going down my face. It all seemed too real. But I won't complain that it wasn't.

I glanced at the clock to see it was only 4. But I couldn't fall asleep after that dream.

I laid on my bed thinking about that strangers voice.

The nightmare was too realistic. Like it actually happened. I could still feel his hands around my neck and could picture him about to pull the trigger.

I shook my head getting rid of the horrible thoughts.

Time went by slowly and I was still unable to fall asleep.

I got dressed into a oversized sweater with skinny jeans. I thought it was a nice and simple look.

Maybe the nightmare was due to my lack of food? I highly doubt it though.

I ran outdoors to find that it was actually quite chilly. It didn't affect me so I ran into the woods looking for a small target since I wasn't really craving blood at the moment.

As I went deeper into the woods, I started hearing voices in the distance and leave rustling.

I made sure I was extra quiet. The voices belonged to a boy and girl.

"What's happening? Why am
I here?" The boy asked. It was Markus and he looked terrible.

He had bags under his eyes and the girl was Candy.

"Don't you remember? You gave me a night to remember." She smirked. I clutched my fists to prevent myself from jumping out and hurting her permanently. I didn't even know why I was so affected by her.

"No I don't remember. But I'm sure if I did do what you are implying I did do, I would have thrown up." He said looking slightly flustered.

Candy walked up to him placing her hand on his chest trying to look seductive and batted her eyelashes at him as if she knew I was there.

"You weren't complaining yesterday when I sucked on your ---"

"What the fuck Candy!" Him and I shouted at once. I came out most likely looking deadly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I was going to feed until I heard your lovely conversation."

"How much did you hear? Because I am sure you don't understand. I didn't do anything with her. I'm sure I would've remembered." He said trying to explain.

"Why would I care? We're not together." I said coldly. He had a small part in my heart and he knew it.

"Markus, you definitely would've remember my famous blow job. You weren't complaining about it yesterday."

"Shut the fuck up Candy. I'm tired of your bullcrap." I spit at her. She was pissing me so much.

She held her hands back as if surrendering but we both knew it was only beginning.

I noticed that the tattoo on Markus's arm yesterday wasn't there today. Maybe it was on the other arm.

I turned him to check his other arm but there was nothing. Am I missing something? Or going crazy?

I let him go stunned. I didn't know what was happening. how could someone have a tattoo one day but not have it the next?

"Are you feeling alright?" Markus asked.

I shook my head before collapsing on the floor.

----

Sorry for the short update. I've been so busy with work, seriously! This year is so stressful, I have so many important tests.

This was a bit of a filler because I didn't want you guys to not have a update.

It's 12:12 at midnight at he moment.

May the odds be ever in your favour... goodbye!

-noodlepanda