Chapter 14

"I killed Milly."

I blinked at him.

I was sure he was going to say something else but this was so much worse.

I didn't cry. I didn't say anything. I didn't move.

I breathed heavily and my fangs grew to its longest and I looked at Brandon.

I slapped him across the face making him fall.

"I didn't mean to. I was just trying to warn her that if she ever tried hurting my pack or you, she would be sorry. She got scared and her heart rate got out of control." He scrambled backwards on his butt.

I probably looked like monster considering there was blood on my shirt.

"You're going to be sorry." I warned him.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare her to death."

"She has never been under an alphas control! She was blind she wouldn't know what to do! You probably used your alpha tone again and she must've been terrified. Right when I thought maybe we could heal our relationship. You're unbelievable!"

This relationship was going nowhere. We're good fora few days then he looses everything and he has to re earn everything.

"I think maybe we should give up. We're never going to work." I said. I wasn't going to cry. Never again in my life. it's a sign of weakness and I was stronger than that.

"What do you mean?"

"We're done. You know what that means? I don't ever want to see you again. Don't talk to me or try to reach me. I won't be the girl who can get charmed by you anymore. I'm changing for the better and I hope you do too." I walked away from him. He was slightly crying when I finished. He is so weak.

"Why do you care so much for hat girl anyways? She was already dying, I just sped up the process."

I kicked him on his side when he said that.

"My dad did every horrible imaginable thing to her and I need to protect her. Well needed now. Since she no longer here! And it's all your fault. You know, people say vampires are heartless, they won't believe that I met the only heartless werewolf."

He stared at me unblinking.

"By the way I'm going to take my stuff from your house so you don't have anything of mine anymore. Not my clothes, not my scent and definitely not my heart. I wouldn't be surprised if another secret you had was that you were on a date with that lily bitch. Go on as many as you want because you are now single."

I ran and ran until I was at his house. I got everything I owned as quick as I could and sprayed his deodorant everywhere so my scent wouldn't be too strong.

I ran out the door and into the woods far away from the battle.

I threw my phone on the floor and stomped on it.

I breathed heavily and kicked the nearest tree, making it fall.

My mind was blank. I didn't know what to think or do.

Brandon knew how much Milly meant to me. Why would he so it. I sighed and put my head on my knees.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, i felt tired and worn out. i ignored it and stretched it out.

I think it's about time I go see how mommy dearest is dealing with dad's death.

(A/N I thought about ending it here but I thought maybe it was too short so here you go :))

I knocked on my old house's door feeling really nervous. My palms were clammy and when my mom opened to door, her eyes were puffy and her nose was red.

"Emma?" She sniffed. "Is that really you?"

"Yeah.."

She hugged me making feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Are you feeling alright?" I asked pushing her away. This was not like her at all.

"I'm sorry for everything that I have done to you. I know a sorry isn't enough for a life-time of torment but I'm just so glad you're okay.

"Your father has died and I know now how important family is. When he died and you were gone- I thought you were dead- I felt like there was nothing left to live for. I'm just do happy you're alive and you're here."

"I was just here to see if you were okay..."

"Please stay with me. I don't know what I would do it'll you left again. I promise to be the best mother in the world."

"I'm not sure." I really didn't have a better option but I have learnt not to trust people so easily.

"Please! I'll stay out of your way but I will be here whenever you need me. Please Emma. I love you."

I couldn't believe it. My mom loved me? If she loved me so much, why did she let my father be so horrible to me.

She did after all give birth to me. That had to count for something.

"I love you too mommy."

Then she started sobbing even more.

"I never knew I would ever hear you call me mommy." She hugged me and this time I returned it.

At least I had someone in my life now.

I smiled at my mom and hugged her for what felt like the first time in my life.

She led my inside and I started randomly itching my body.

"Are you okay?" She asked

"I think so. I'm just a little itchy." Then I started feeling pain. I fell onto all fours and started screaming out.

"What's happening?" I screamed.

My mom looked at me worryingly and tried calming me down.

The pain was unbearable. What was going on?

I blacked out soon enough and the last thing I felt was my heart being shattered.

I woke up in an unknown environment. It seems as if I've been doing this a lot.

I saw my mom sitting by the bed sleeping.

I looked around hoping there was some sort of button for me to press since I didn't want to wake my mom.

"Psst mom." I whispered trying not to scare her.

"Hmm?" She said with her eyes half open. "Oh Emma, are you okay? I'll get a nurse."

I felt empty. Like if something was ripped away from me.

A doctor entered the room and boy was he good looking. I tried not staring but it was hard.

"Im doctor shane. How are you feeling?"

"Empty." I answered truthfully.

"What do you remember?"

"I was just talking to my mom when I started to feel itchy and then I felt immense pain. That's when I blacked out."

"Hmm. I'll need to discuss this with another doctor. Please excuse me for a moment." He left the room looking down at his phone.

"Hey mom, what's wrong with me?" I doubt she knew but maybe the doctor had said something to her.

"The doctor said that it had to do with something's called a mate? But he needed to talk to you before he could confirm it with the werewolves doctor."

"Oh." So this is about Brandon? Of course it is. Everything is about him.

We sat in silence when the doctor came back in.

"Well, do you know that you have a mate?"

I sighed and nodded my head.

"Oh. Good." He seemed slightly surprised but carried on. "Have you two gotten really close?"

"I'm not sure what you would call close but we have hanged out for quite a long time."

"Have you two gotten into a disagreement of some sort?"

"Yeah. I told him to never talk to me after we... Had an argument." That was the best excuse I had.

"You may not like what I'm going to say, but since you two have gotten quite close, you will feel when each other are doing something that would hurt the other. Such as... Cheating."

Of course he cheated. We weren't together so I guess it wouldn't be counted as cheating.

"We're not together so it wouldn't be cheating." I snapped at him.

"Ok my mistake. Then it would be if one of you, in this case, the guy, has had... Sex with another girl."

That son of a b---

"That's terrible." My mom spoke up.

"It's even worse for you since the guy was the alpha, or as I heard from the doctor."

"When can I leave?" I asked abruptly.

"You can leave now if you wish."

"Good." I said getting up and walking out.

"Wait! Emma!" My mom shouted.

I turned around.

"Are you still going to stay with me?"

"Yeah."

"Phew. I thought you were going to leave again." She sighed.

"Just... Let me be alone please." I asked her.

She nodded and I ran towards Brandon's house. He will be sorry he was ever my so called 'mate'.

I broker their front door rushing in.

"Emma!" It was the alpha, also known as Brandon's dad. "What are you doing here?"

"You know the saying, if he did It once, he'll do it again?"

He nodded.

"It seems as if your son falls into that saying. Remember finding him with that girl? He's been having even more fun with a different girl."

"What an idiot."

"Yeah. He is an idiot." I ran into his room to see him and lily naked sleeping. His arm was around her as she was pressed up against him.

The alpha rushed in and gasped.

"See what I told you?"

"This time, I'll be the one to punish him."

"I want to hurt him too." I whined.

"Don't worry, we'll work together." He laughed.

I smiled slightly at him and went closer to Brandon.

"Boo!" I shouted at him.

He fell off the bed making it perfect for me to kick him.

"You fu--"

"Language." The alpha warned.

"You fricken idiot! I hate you so much!" I kept kicking him until the alpha put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me back slightly.

He pulled Brandon up and slapped him.

"What is wrong with you? I thought I taught you better than this!"

"Deja Vu anyone?" I muttered.

Brandon started thrashing around but was no match for his dad.

"I'm ashamed for you to take over this pack. You have finally found your mate and then you throw it down the drain. Do you know that having your mate is the best thing that could ever happen to you?"

"She told me to never talk to her again!" Brandon shouted.

"Oh so you decide to sleep with this bi-- biatch? Did you know how much it hurt? I was sent to a hospital because of you stupid cheating ass!" I punched him in the face. "I really really hate you!" I shouted at him.

"You think the world revolves around you? New flash princess, it doesn't!" He was asking to die.

"When have I ever thought that? My parents have hated me the day I was born. I only ever had one friend who turned out horribly and when I finally thought you were the key to my happiness, you ruin it. I can't believe I thought you were going to change. You meant so much to me! But now you're nothing more than the gum on the bottom of my shoe."

Brandon's dad looked at me sadly and pushed Brandon away.

He came to me and led me out the door. I shot Brandon one last look of disgust and left the room.

"I'm sorry for all the harm Brandon has done to you. I assure he will be severely punished."

"I'm not done hurting him yet." I grumbled.

"I know you're not. But I want you to know that even if Brandon has nothing to do with you anymore, I will be here for you." He smiled at me.

"Thanks alpha."

"I'll be here for you as well." The beta said coming in the room. "I know we haven't gotten off very well but I want you to know that I think we make a good team." He said winking at me.

He was talking about when we stalled for that battle.

I smiled at him and hugged both of them and left. I wasn't satisfied with the amount of pain I had inflicted on Brandon.

He would get what he deserved.

-----

This is officially the end of the chapter!

Thanks for reading and thanks for over 300reads! It may not be a lot compared to others but its amazing for me!

Thank you all!

May the odds be ever in your favour... Goodbye!

-noodlepanda