Chapter 20

The rest of the day went by in a flash. I wasn't listening or absorbing any information from my classes and all I could think about was who this Peter guy was and what he wanted with me and Markus.

I sighed as I walked out my door saying bye to my mother, maybe the last time ever and went to knock on Markus's door. I was wearing an oversized hoody to cover my face and I saw that Markus was doing the same.

He gave me a small smile and took my hand.

He made me slightly calmer but I knew this could either be something not to worry about or something that will effect me for life.

The warning may have seemed small but what I saw today was definitely not small. They were being controlled. It is not normal and I don't know what to expect.

We walked into the forest talking one deep breath and met in the middle. People started surrounding us making a barrier and made sure we wouldn't be able to leave.

A man came from in the shadows and lifted his face. He had a scar running across his neck and his eyes were dark grey. Like storm clouds.

"Wise choice coming here own your own." His voice was deep. Perhaps the deepest I had ever heard.

He circled around us as if inspecting or analysing us.

I shivered a little when he touched my face.

"What do you want?" I snapped. Probably not the wisest thing I have done.

He grabbed my neck and lifted me slightly above the ground.

"Do not speak to me like that. Why I have you here will be my decision when to tell you." He opened his hand and I collapsed onto the floor.

Markus helped me up onto my feet and I put my hood back over my head.

"You see what happens when you disobey me?" He shouted.

He was a scary man and I'm sure he was that Peter guy.

"I will now ask you questions and you will answer them truthfully. I will know when you are lying so don't try it."

"Please sir, tell us at least who you are." Markus was being to polite. This guy doesn't deserve to be called sir.

"This is how you ask a question." he pointed at me. "I am Peter. Maker of the mind control simulation and the person you will now listen to."

"What makes you think we will listen to you?" I blurted out. I need to stop it before I get myself killed.

"If you don't do it willingly, I will make sure you don't forget what happens to people who don't listen to me." He eyes me evilly.