Chapter 21

We walked to the outer part of the school and Brandon leaned against a wall.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't want you to hate me." He said straight to the point.

"I...." I was going to say 'I don't hate you.' but both of us know it's a lie. "I don't know what to say."

"Please. Can we at least try to be friends? Or maybe talk once in a while. My wolf is killing me from the inside telling me how stupid I was when I let you go." He said bowing his head in defeat.

I stared at him in disbelief because I didn't know he thought this way. I expected him to hate me just as much as I hated him when I broke our bond. But this was unfamiliar and I didn't know whether to embrace it or push it away.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

He looked up and smiled at me. One that used to make my heart skip a beat but now just numbs me.

We stayed in silence for a while until Markus decided to show up.

"Why are you here?" Brandon snapped.

"I wondered where Emma went so I just came to find her. But I can see she is safe so I will go back now."

Brandon looked at me way more than a little confused.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked Markus.

"Never been better." He smiled showing off all his teeth.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and shot me another smile.

"It's hot today." He stated.

"Not really, it's actually quite cold, well, as cold as it can get for us."

Brandon nodded his head in agreement but Markus took his sweatshirt off which displayed a tattoo I had never seen before.

It was a circled with a flame inside of it and was black in white. It was at the top of his arm near his shoulder.

I eyed it curiously since I was sure it wasn't there before. I remember because of PE. He didn't have one then.

He must've of noticed I was staring because his hand went up to it.

"I just got it recently." He explained.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think I needed to tell you a word for word story about my life." He challenged.

"That's not what I meant... Never mind." I grumbled.

There was a problem with him and I wanted to know what. It had something to do with the tattoo. I was sure of it. It symbolized something.

"Don't get worried over a tattoo, I have one too." Brandon spoke up.

"What?!"

"I'm joking!" He said holding his hands back in a surrendering position.

I eyes him evilly. "Don't joke about that."

He shrugged and went silent again.

"I am going to leave now." Markus said

"Yeah, you should do that, neither of us want you here anyways." Brandon growled.

"Calm down. He hasn't done anything to hurt you." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Except steal my girl away." He mumbled quietly, almost so I didn't hear.

I didn't even have the heart to shout back at him saying I wasn't his girl. His little admission to defeat really struck me hard. He never seemed like the guy who would go back to someone he had left.