Chapter 6

I walked around town with a smile plastered to my face.

But of course I wasn't happy for long. I saw the people I least wanted to see.

My parents.

"You only have two weeks until your eighteenth birthday!" No worried expressions just angry ones. No 'hello! Where have you been.' Those were my parents and I hate them for it.

I tried going around them but they blocked me.

"Running away from your problems aren't going to help! Beside you need to tell us who your husband will be or else we decide for you."

"HUSBAND?!"

I groaned. This wasn't going to end well.

"What husband?!" Brandon came over, his eyes were pitch black and almost intimidating.

"Why are you here mutt. This is family matter. Now leave before I make your father come over and get you." My dad said to him calmly.

"No! I have the right to know!"

I put my hand on his chest and he relaxed slightly.

"It's OK. It's just something our family has to do. Whenever a member or the leader's family turns 18, they have to choose someone they want to spend the rest of their life with. I only have 2 weeks to make my decision-"

"No. You have to tell us now so we can get everything ready." My mother talked for once.

"But I haven't chosen yet!" I shouted. My patience was running short.

"Fine we'll choose for you!"

I looked hardly into my dads eyes and started pressuring him.

"Maybe we'll give you until your birthday."

"What are you doing?! Stop this now! You are grounded!" My mom said whilst looking worried at my dad.

"You can't ground someone who has nothing to do with you." I shout

That was my cue to run away.

Brandon was hot on my heels and I just pushed further. I heard the sound of clothes ripping and I turned my head slightly to see Brandon's wolf running after me.

I ran with a new surge of energy as he turned.

He was a lot faster than I thought he was and soon he caught up to me. I need to train more.

He tackled me to the ground and pinned me back.

"Get off!"

He just growled at me.

"Please. If you get off and shift, I'll tell you everything." I say quietly.

Reluctantly, he got off and shifted. But since his clothes ripped, he didn't have anything to wear so I gave him my jacket so he could wrap it around his waist. His abs were to die for but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of me drooling over his perfect body.

"What's this business about a husband?" He asked

"It's something us vampires have to do. We choose who we want to spend eternity with by the time we are eighteen. I already told you this but I only have two weeks left-" he put his finger to my lip.

"Then that means I only have two weeks to win your heart."

"Wait, your not mad that I didn't tell you?"

"No. There was no need to tell me. I could've stole your heart by then anyways." He simply stated.

I smiled widely and hugged him.