@22?

MaNan were sitting on the grass, peacefully. holding hands. enjoying the moment.

manik: I love you nandini. I wanted to say it to you from a long time. today I wanted to confess to you. But that's not exactly the reason I brought you here.

nandini: then what is it manik?

manik: I will tell you. but before that answer me one thing.

when we came here how you felt? with all these...this place...these decorations...lights...how was it?

nandini: of course. it must be so beautiful. you did all this. I loved it.

manik: but didn't you want to see all this?

nandini: I can't see manik. I will never be able to see. and I am habituated to this. I am happy that I can atleast feel everything.

(manik felt bad that nandini still thinks like this about herself.)

just like I do with you. I don't know how you look. but when I touch your face I can imagine how you are.

I don't have visions. which I know you have. I can't even imagine like you. I can only hear voices.

I have always known that I am blind. now as I have accepted the fact totally, I don't find any problem in this.

manik: you are lying nandini. I know because I heard your prayer that day. I know how you must have felt at the ceremony.

It's easy to say nandini. but hard to work on. all the time you will hurt yourself. you know you have a chance. you just have to say a Yes.

nandini: and If I say No...then?

manik: then you will insult every other who is like you. who can't get what you are having. some can't even think of this opportunity.

It will be a disgrace to the people who wants to get better, have a less suffering life, but can't get. because they can't either afford or get any scope to do things better.

(nandini silently heard it. she felt bad. she knew she was wrong. but wasn't strong enough to accept it.)

you have to understand nandini. all
these years you waited for this. now finally you have it. just you have to agree.

your parents they know this already. they are ready for this. but afraid of you. if you don't accept everything, doctors can't help you even.

first you have to be strong. no one will blame you if this experiment fails. you have everyone for you. beside you. they will not cry over if this fails. they will in fact give you strength to move on.

think nandini. you are so lucky. why you want to miss this chance? if this gets successful you will be able to see everything. don't you wanna see?

(nandini was overwhelmed with all these. she wanted to say yes. but she thought she doesn't deserve it.)

nandini: manik, I am happy the way I am. I don't want to change. honestly I am not having any problem being like this. as you have just said, I have everyone beside me. I don't need to see. I can see everything with your eyes.

and I can see you too. I know you are soo handsome.

(nandini started jokingly. she wanted to distract manik from the main topic.)

manik: acha? kaise janti ho tum?

nandini: when I touch your face. you know I touch everyone's face to recognise them.

when I touched navya's face and then your face I knew that instance that your face is better.

(nandini said playfully)

manik: oh. like that. My face is only better than navya? what about aliya?

(he played along)

nandini: nah. aliya is more beautiful for sure.

(saying this she started laughing. she thought that she had distracted him somehow.)

(manik became silent for quite a long time. then he returned to his serious mode.)

manik: ...say YES nandini...for this operation...please.

(nandini's laughter died down. tears started to fall. how beautiful her eyes are. but those eyes can't see. that's very painful for anyone to accept.)

(manik hugged her. burying his face in her hair, between her neck n shoulder. he was sounding desperate.)

manik: please say yes. I never asked anything from you. did what you said. but please today listen to me. can't you do this for me? please...

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!