@1?

it is the day they 1st met.
nandini was new in school. actually she was in special children school before. but then her parents decided to give it a try and admitted her in SPACE. the most prestigious school in Mumbai.

nandini at first was unsure if she could pursue her studies with normal children. but it was oblivious that she was just as normal as other students.

her mother walked with her in the class at the first day. she made her sit in a bench from the first row and left. some students were a little suspicious because of the fact that she was a big girl and what the need of her mother to come till the classroom. but they shoved the thoughts away as it could be normal for her.

it was English class when the teacher asked her to write something on the blackboard and she took out her stick to walk to the board.

the English teacher was the most stone hearted teacher of the school and almost every student hated him.

when he realised nandini was blind he got so furious and asked her what was she doing in the class. for him blinds should be treated only in special places. not in a normal high school. he interrogated her how she had thought to study here. how she would write. how even she would know what's being written on the board.

nandini was already feeling bad about how he was treating her. but then kept her calm and answered all his questions properly. she replied that she knew the Braille language. so she could read and write. and what ever would be written on the board anyone from beside could tell her.

she wiped one lone tear from corner of her eye and further added that she was right. her decision was correct to not try to mingle among the kids outside her world. her parents insisted her to do so. and she said that she would try once and in the very first class she understood that this wasn't the right place for her.

she picked up her belongings and started going to the exit door of course with the teacher's permission. but suddenly one of students stood up and ran towards her also stopping her from going by holding her hand from the back side. at that time also she didn't know who it was.

and who else could it be other than our very own manik malhotra.

[~N.B : the experience of nandini in the first class is slightly inspired from a teen novel of Dr. Jafar Iqbal Sir~]