Chapter 15: You're Not Alone

Začať od začiatku

"When I was ten he took me to the orphanage and I was there until you adopted me, but I never told anyone, Jake's wife was a bit abusive. She had anger problems and at times she'd take it out on the kids, Jake never knew because he was constantly in his office, he'd even eat in there most of the time. But that's all, that's my life story," She looks up at me, tears in her eyes.

It pained me to see her tears and it pained me to hear her story, I hugged her, "I'm gonna make sure that that man never lays another hand on you, he's gonna pay for what he has done, I swear to God I am going to take care of you okay?" 

"Okay," She choked out as she sobbed onto my chest, "Thank you, Austin, for saving my life. Literally." 

"It's been my pleasure, sweetie," I say as I kiss the top of her head, "I love you, you know that right?" she nods, "Good, don't forget it." 

"I love you too, Austin," She looks up at me and smiles. 

I hear her fishing pole move against the handle on the boat, "I think you caught something" 

She turns to grab her pole, "Crap," she says as she begins to pull, "How do I do this?" 

I laugh to myself as I help her reel in the fish, it takes us about five minutes, "Whoa!" I say as I catch it with the net and place it in the ice box, "pretty good catch for it being your first time, you sure you've never been fishing before?" 

She laughs, "I'm pretty sure" 

"Wanna name it?" I ask and she shakes her head, "Well, I can't believe I haven't caught anything," I spoke too soon because my pole began to move

"Spoke too soon," Abigail says as she laughs

"Grab the net!" I say as I grab my pole and I reel in the fish

Abigail catches it with the net and places it alongside the other fish, "Mine is bigger," She says laughing

I roll my eyes, "whatever, ready to go home and cook these little dudes?" 

She nods, I turn on the boat engine and take us to the dock, I tie the boat and get off then help Abigail get off, "Go ahead and go to the car," I hand her the keys, "Remember driver picks the music" 

"Yeah yeah yeah, shotgun shuts his cake hole," she rolls her eyes and heads over to the car, I walk into the store and put back the fishing poles and have Jackson cut up the fish for me, I then head back to the car.

Abigail was listening to music, "Hey, what did I say about picking the music?" I ask as I get in the drivers seat

"But it's Pierce The Veil," she says 

"Fine, I'll let it slide," I smile 

She turns down the music as I begin to drive off, "I have to admit, I had fun and I am glad I finally opened up to you," I look over to see her smiling at me

"I'm glad you finally opened up to me as well, remember don't ever be afraid to tell me things, it can be about anything even boys!" I say, "but you can't have a boyfriend until you're married" 

"Okay, that makes sense," she says then stays quiet for a litlte bit, "Wait! No! That doesn't make sense! I say I have to be at least fourteen and a half!" 

"And a half? Why not thirty?" 

She hsakes her head, "Fifteen" 

"You know you're only going higher," I laugh

"Fourteen then!" 

I sigh, "How about when a guy likes you I have to interview them?" 

"Sounds good to me" 

"With the gun, that I will buy and the rest of the band with me," I whisper under my breath

"What was that?" 

"Nothing!" I smile and keep driving

~~~~ 

We finally arrived at the house, Abigail went upstairs to go shower while I prepared us some food. 

I begin to gather the ingredients, I hear my phone ring and I reach in my pocket to get it. I realize that I also had Abby's so I placed hers on the counters as I answered my phone. 

"Hello?" I say as I place a pan on the stove

"Mr. Carlile?" 

"Oh, Hey Jake!" Why was Jake calling me? 

I hear him sigh, "Is Abigail with you?" 

"Um, no why?" I say

"I have some bad news, apparently the adoptions papers never went through," he says

Never went through? What did he mean? "What do you mean?" 

"The adoption papers never went through because well, we just found out that Abigail's biological father isn't really her biological father," Jake says, I didn't know how to react, I had mixed emotions. I was kind of glad but I was a bit sadden by the fact that she wasn't really my daughter just yet. 

Does anyone know what happened between Pamela and Austin? Because I'm honestly confused with it all.