Chapter 37: Deep Slumber

Deep Slumber

Hunter's POV

"Alpha, I need you to leave the room." Zeno is now wearing a scrub suit and mask, ready to perform operation on Kyra.

"No. I'm staying." I said firmly.

"Hold him." Utos ng papa ko sa mga wairriors. May limang lumapit sakin upang hilain ako palabas ng operation room.

I struggled against their hold but I'm too exhausted and emotional. Hinayaan ko nalang silang hilain ako palabas hangang sa bitiwan nila ako.

Bigla namang dumating ang mama ni Kyra na nakasuot narin ng mask.

"I will perform the operation on my daughter." Sambit niya na puno ng determinasyon. Saka ko naalala na doktor pala ang mama ni Kyra.

"Are you sure you are stable to do it?" Tanong ng mama ko.

"I'm sure. I'm going to save my daughter." Pagkatapos sabihin ito ay pumasok na siya sa loob ng operating room.

Tuloy-tuloy ang pagpasok ng mga sugatang warriors sa loob ng pack hospital. Ang ilan sa kanila ay malala na ang mga sugat na natamo pero dahil werewolves kami, ay mas madaling maghilom ang mga sugat namin.

Everything is a blur. The sound of heavy and fast footsteps, the small ticking of machines in the operating rooms, the conversations of people around me are all unclear. My mind cannot process and accept whats been happening.

I was sitting on the floor. I cannot stop myself from crying. I feel miserable and hopeless. My mate, my beloved is fighting for her life and I'm here, useless. I can't do anything to save her because I failed. I miserablly failed my promise to protect her.
"Anak, may mga sugat ka. Kailangan natin iyang ipagamot." Lumapit sa akin ang mama ko at iinispeksyon ang mga sugat ko.

"This wounds are going to heal and it's not my main concern now that my mate is in that room and I don't even know if she will still survive. I'm not leaving her until I know she's safe." Sagot ko na hindi mapigilan ang pag-iyak.

"Shhh. Son, everything will be all right." My mother knelt in front of me and gave me a tight hug. I clutched her arm and sobbed in her shoulders.

"I failed, mom. I promise I was going to protect her. I promised I was going to bring her back safely but I failed. I'm a worthless mate, mom. I'm worthless. It's all my fault. I should have known that Matteo is a rogue and killed him before he had the chance to get Kyra." I poured all my sadness and disappointment over myself.

"It's okay. Its not your fault." My mom assured as she also cry.

"No. It's my fault. You didn't see it but I saw all of it. When she was running towards me. Her eyes, were hopeful. She wanted to run to me. To be with me. I know she want to stay alive. The look of horror in her eyes when the knife sunk into her stomach, it terrifies me. I should have run faster to save her but I'm too late. " I said between sobs.

"I ignored her goodbyes because I cannot accept that thought of her dying. She wanted me not to think of her often when she's gone. How can she expect me to do that? I will never ever forget her. She's my first love. The only girl I've ever love. I am nothing with out her. Kahit nawawalan na siya ng hininga at nag-aagaw buhay, ako parin ang iniisip niya. Sabi niya, gusto daw niya akong maging masaya at kapag nawala na siya, gusto niyang mamuhay ako kagaya ng dati noong hindi ko pa siya nakilala. Mom, pano ko iyon gagawin? Sa kanya umiikot ang mundo ko. If she dies, I will die with her."

The ached in my heart, its unbearable. I feel empty like a big part of me is gone. The bond between me and Kyra is very faint. My wolf kept howling in pain inside me. I can still hear her heartbeat but it's beginning to fade away. I panicked and stood up and banged my fist against the doors of the operating room. She can't be gone. She can't leave me.