Chapter 20: Full moon

Full moon

Kyra's POV

"Mate! I want my mate!" I'm sure I heard Hunter scream from somewhere in this house. I need to find him. I heard him scream in agony  again like he was in pain but I can't pinpoint where exactly he  was.

"That's Hunter. Anong nangyayari sa kanya?" I asked both of them when Mr. And Mrs. De La Vega entered the room with Russell crying beside his mother.

"Please Kyra, help Hunter. Swear I'm not going to marry you anymore. I'll give you to Hunter just help him." Russell begged in between his cries.

"Tell me. What. Is. Happening." I stated firmly, demanding for answers. I need to know why they all looked bothered and why the hell is Hunter screaming. Why aren't they doing anything? What is this place hiding? I need answers and I'm not leaving this house until they give me one.

"Go on honey, tell her." Hunter's dad said, putting his hand around this wife's waist.

"We can't tell you anything right now but I promise, you will know everything you want to know after this mess. Just open your mind. Remember, Hunter will never hurt you. He will kill himself before he can even lay his hands on you." Rebecca assured while running his hands to comfort me.

"I know." I nodded, still bewildered. 

There was another sound from the nearest room followed by a guy being thrown out of the closed door. I gasped and covered my mouth. May malay pa ang lalaki nang may isa pang lalaki na lumabas mula sa nasirang pintuan. That makes the two of them.

"The Alpha broke the chain. Sorry we are not able to stop him. " Hinihingal na sabi nito at tunulungan ang kasama niya. Tumayo naman ulit yung unang lalaki na parang hindi man lang nasaktan sa pagkakabato sa kanya. 

Hunter walked out of the room growling at the two guys. The two guys restrained him but Hunter punched the other one that make him stumble to the floor. I've never seen Hunter like this, heck, I've never seen anyone this mad before.

He looked scary. That's an understatement. His eyes were completely black. He's shaking with anger and looks like a completely different person. Poor Russell is just as terrified as me as he hid himself behind his mother's back.

Hunter's eyes locked with mine and I was rooted in my position. "Mate." He spoke with a rough voice and started taking long strides towards me but he was stopped by on the the guys before. Hunter kicked him by the stomach and he was thrown at the concrete wall.

"Jake, go to Hunter. Aspen, get Kyra away from here." Utos ng papa ni Hunter.

In a blinked of an eye, Jake is behind Hunter. I don't know how he did that but it was all forgotten when Aspen grabbed my arm and yanked me back. This catches Hunter's attention  and growled like an animal, pushing Jake away from hi.. "Get your hands off my mate!!" 

Jake was slammed against the wall, five meters away from them from the impact. Nakahawak parin si Aspen sa braso ko nang lumingon si Hunter sa direksyon namin. Nakakatakot ang mga mata niya habang unti-unti siyang naglakad papunta sa'min na parang wala siya sa sarili. He looked possessed with those black eyes.

"Rebecca, get out of here. Take Russell with you." His father said. Rebecca hurriedly walk out with Russell.

"Son, listen. You need to restrain yourself. Fight the urge." His father tries to calm him down but Hunter's eyes was glued to my arms where Aspen is holding me.

"No one will ever touch my mate but me." He looks like he's going out of control. His whole body is shaking and he's growling like an animal. Biglang akong may naalala. Natatandaan ko pa noong fiesta at galit na galit si Hunter kay Dave. Sabi ni Jake, ako lang daw ang makakapag pakalma kay Hunter. Umubra naman iyon noong yakapin ko siya kaya baka umubra din iyon ngayon.