Chapter 36: Claws and Blood

Claws and Blood

Hunter's POV

"Please bring her back." Anika looked at me hopefully as she seek for support in Zeno's arms.

Everyone are gathered in front of the pack house waiting for our departure. Kyra's mother wasn't crying anymore but I know she's jusy trying to look tough.

Russell is in his room and have no idea what's been happening and it should be kept that way. He's too young to understand whats truly happening around him. All the warriors were waiting for my order and saying goodbyes to their family. Some of them won't be back alive but they are willing to risk their lives to save their Luna.

Lumapit ang mama ko sa akin at niyakap ako ng mahigpit. She's sniffing and I know she's been crying.

"Please come back alive together with Kyra." She whispered as she kiss my hair.

"I will." I assured her and I nod at Aspen and Jake who were already prepared.

"It's time!" I announced and we all shifted to wolf forms and together we ran to the forest into Alpha Nate's border where we are going to meet.

Wait for me, Kyra. I will save you.

Kyra's POV

Nagising ako na may nagtatanggal ng tali sa mga kamay at paa ko. Napahiyaw naman ako sa gulat dahil ang tatay ni Matteo iyon.

"Don't touch me!" I warned.

"Be kind to me, lady. Im doing you a favor. I will let you see your father." He smirk just as he finish untying me.

Nasa pintuan naman ang dalawang lalaki na kasama ni Matteo sa pag-kidnap sa akin. Brandon and Ron.

"Get her." Matteo's father nodded on my way and Brandon grabbed my arm hoisting me up. I stumbled loosing my balance. My legs are aching since I've been sitting there for god knows how long.

"Move." Brandon pushed me out of the door and I glared at him.

I thought of running but I can't leave my father here. Kung totoo ngang buhay pa siya, hindi ko siya iiwan dito.

Pinapunta nila ako sa basement ng lugar na ito. It was really dark at the bottom and thanks to my werewolf vision, I can see enough not to trip over.

Ron flipped a switch and soon enough the place is filled with light. I was blinded for a second but then I noticed a figure from the other side of the bars. It was like a prison bars and I walked slowly just as the figure looked up.

"What a nice reunion." Matteo's father have a satisfied look in his face.

The figure in the other side of the bars is a man and that his beard is very long, indicating that he haven't been shaving for a long time. Malalalim ang mga mata niya at medyo halata narin ang cheek bones niya sa kapayatan. Madumi ang suot niyang damit at mahaba na rin ang buhok niya. Pero kahit ganoon ang hitsura niya, hindi ako nagkakamaling siya nga ang papa ko. Its been eleven years and I still remember his face. I won't never forget how he look like.

Tumakbo ako palapit sa mga metal na nagsisilbing harang at kulungan na rin niya. Napaluhod ako at hindi na mapigilan ang tuloy-tuloy na pagdaloy ng mga luha sa pisngi ko.

"Daddy." Humihikbing tawag ko sa kanya. I used to call him daddy when I was young and that memory still lingers in my mind.

Unti-unti siyang lumapit sa akin na hindi inaalis ang pagkakatitig si mukha ko.

"Anak?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong nito. He went closer to me and studied my face. It's been years and Im not sure if he still recognize me. Bata palang ako ng mawala siya at ibang-iba na siguro ang hitsura ko para sa kanya.