(❆)

Epilogue

Narrators P.O.V

Slowly, Hyejin was drifting off into a sleep she was never going to wake from. Although she wasn't completely lifeless, her face showed differently. Pale, hue less, bony. Nothing that would count as healthy in any way.

But the words that were coming from across her almost closed lips where the only sign that indicated she was still alive. And she repeated the words over and over again, until her lips stopped moving, until her chest stopped rising and falling, until her hand didn't twitch, until her heart stopped beating.

Jungkook where are you?

Nothing.

Hyejin's funeral was held a week after her mother found her dead inside her bedroom. Family, "friends", "important"people from her life attended the sad event that would mark their lives. But one person still seemed to be missing, even if the place was already crowded enough.

Jungkook.

Little did she know, Jungkook was just something that her mind made up, a thing or feeling that has been hiding inside of her all this time. A feeling that made her want to take small steps closer to death, closer the the release of the pain she was feeling.

Yeol P.O.V

Mommy why are you looking through Hyejin's things, I call out as i follow her into your room, I don't think she would like that.

It's my fault, mommy replies, it's all my fault.

Hyejin I think you won't like seeing mommy going through all of your things, she even opens the drawers underneath your desk.

But it isn't her fault right?

Neutral P.O.V

Jungkook was neither a ghost, nor a real person. He was a figure of her hallucination, a figure of her anxiety. Her depression. Like him, it grew more of a part of her each day, each letter that she wrote to her very own self.

Yeol P.O.V

Suddenly mommy finds something your desk that makes her eyes light up. She opens some papers and I slowly see tears falling from her eyes. Mommy is crying, hyejin. Because she thinks it is her fault, but it isn't her fault.

Why don't you tell her her that it isn't her fault?

Why are all these letters written in her hand writing?, mommy screams while clutching her head, why did she write to herself?

Mommy always says everything is her fault, she says that's why daddy hates her. Does daddy hate me too, hyejin?

Mommy falls down to her knees next to the window. I think she won't believe it's not her fault, even if I tell her. I walk over and put my arms around hers.

Mommy it's not your fault, I whisper quietly so he wouldn't hear us, it is his fault.

Do you mean it was your father's fault?, she asks as she shakes her head.

I nod, even though that is not what I mean. I mean the boy sitting behind the glass of the window with a smile. He waves at me happily as he notices me and when I notice him for the first time.

While mommy cries onto my shoulder he speaks to me for the very first time hyejin.

I'll get you too, he mouthes with a smile, just grow up.

Neutral P.O.V

Little did Hyejin know Jungkook wasn't awaiting her after her death, but only the pain and the depression.
It still urged her to commit, it still urged her to try more so she'd feel less. Jungkook was her depressions name, she personalized it. And he helped her into death, he made her belief that it was better than her life. He mad her believe that there was something better waiting, but he lied.
The feeling itself was too convincing; she didn't think about consequences. She only though about herself. Or, he did think for her.

Oh, how she regretted it

-this is the end!!! What do you think guys?
When I first thought about this story, I inky had the actual end in my mind. I created the story around it to, out,i.e. lay, reveal that Jungkook isn't real. I hope you liked this idea even if it is not a happy ending.

Love X