Chapter One

I come into my room, empty as ever, nothing new that I can discover in between those four walls. By now, I should know every corner of it. I should be able to tell where a certain book or a mere peck of dust is located.

That's why I immediately sense something different, when coming into the room today. Another scent, another weight in this small space, some more matter that exists.

An oddly satisfying thing rises within me.

Obscure.

Even though it is barely anything it catches my attention the second that I lay my eyes upon it. Slowly, I make my way towards it, my hand already stretched out into it's direction.

Unconsciously, the thought is creeping its way into my mind, when I initially wanted it to fade into oblivion.

///
hello hyejin,

You probably don't know me, maybe that's for the better. But I can't stand not writing you.

I heard you don't like emotions? Mind explaining that one to me a little?
I thought humans were full of feelings and dreams, what makes you think so differently?

Just write a letter to me if you feel like it. I'll be waiting.

yours truly,

j.j.k
///

***

This obscurity makes me respond. Almost naturally, my fingers enclose the pen filled with red ink. In speed of light it glides over the smooth surface of the white, words soon to be written.

///
j.j.k,

Who are you?

How come you know me and I don't know you? What is going on?

If you want to put it that way, I don't like feelings. I don't have them, not actually.

If "having feelings" defines humans, then I'm not one in any way. Sorry to disappoint you.

What about you? Do you belong to those emotional creatures?

hyejin.
///

--ayee first chapter, first two letters. Hope you got the idea of what it's going to be like.
Don't be a ghost reader, I love comments and honest opinions.