Chapter 28: Closing Doors

A/N: I apologize to all my readers for not updating a chapter last week. I was so caught up in packing and the excitement for my traveling that writing completely slipped my mind. I'm back in Miami now though, so I wrote you guys an extra long chapter in hopes to make up for it. Enjoy kings and queens! 👑🌹

***

I stood up and saw Q (still restraining a struggling Raheem) looking at me with pleading eyes, "Just walk away Liyah', c'mon a nigga tired."

Tupac joined my side and I got one good lick in before Tupac started whipping Raheem's ass.

Chapter| 28

"Tupac Shakur and Aaliyah Haughton were seen outside Sunshine Cinema on the red carpet in a physical altercation with Raheem Porter."

A video clip appeared on the television screen replacing the white female reporter speaking, "Here you can see Ms. Haughton posing for pictures when Mr. Porter intervened and grabbed her waist, not long after Mr. Shakur approached him and they began arguing. Several words were exchanged before the two got into a brawl that Ms. Haughton and Mr. Powell tried to hinder."

"Tupac Shakur and Aaliyah Haughton tag teamed Mr. Porter before being escorted off of the premises. Ms. Cynthia Delores Tucker can you share with us your thoughts regarding these past events?" 

The screen split into two and an african american woman joined the caucasian newscaster. "I believe that this thug is influencing not only a perfectly intelligent and capable young sweetheart but also our innocent children. They're listening to his filthy lyrics and--"

The t.v clicked off and Tupac threw the remote on his coffee table. Wrinkles formed on his forehead indicating that he was stressed. Running a hand over his face, he glanced at me.

"I'm sorry."

I smiled softly and walked over to the recliner chair he was sitting in and sat in his lap. "You don't have to apologize for anything."

Tupac said nothing and his big brown eyes just stared at the wall. He was in another place, caught up in his thoughts. I sighed and got out of his lap, there was nothing I could say to him at this point.

I walked into the kitchen and threw my hair up into a loose ponytail while simultaneously wrapping an apron around my waist. I started getting pots and pans out and took the extra virgin olive oil out, pouring some into the pan and putting it on the stove. I was planning on making Tupac a little food to take his mind off of things.

Getting three pork chops out of the refrigerator I laid them in lemon juice, flour, and bread crumbs. Once that was finished I put some butter in the oil filled pan and laid the pork chops down so they could sizzle.

Within a couple minutes the aroma wafted throughout the air and Tupac aimlessly wandered into the kitchen, following the smell. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist as I was taking the pork chops out of the pan.

"Why you cooking?" His deep voice whispered in my ear.

"To make you feel better," I took out a plate and put his food on there handing it to him, "Here."