Chapter 11: Finally Official

Before I start I just wanna say I changed my mind about putting this story on hold. One of my favorite authors Queen_Shakur as well as a few of my beautiful readers: xflawsandall & tsunamimami reminded me that everybody gets ghost readers and instead of stressing about the feedback I'm not getting and the people who I know are reading my story but decide to be quiet-- imma just worry about pleasing y'all as well as myself.

I should be thankful for the few readers I have so therefore, I updated this story. Enjoy!

***

Tupac let out a breath then looked at me with such emotion in his eyes it made me nervous.

"Aaliyah Dana Haugton. Will you be my girlfriend?"

My breathing hitched and my chest tightened at his words. Did he really just ask me that? I know he likes me and all but I thought he was as afraid of losing our friendship as I was. I mean I admit, there has been several times when I thought or even fantasized about Tupac and I being together. But with that being said I just couldn't see how us dating would work out at the end. One of us might end up getting hurt or worse-- we could end up being those people who hate their ex's and never speak to them again. I bit my lower lip while I contemplated all the things that could go wrong with me saying yes.

Pac's deep raspy voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"So? You just gon' leave me in suspense?" he asked dramatically with playfulness in his tone.

I cracked a smile at his silliness then completely turned my body around to fully give him my attention. I took a deep breath then asked him the question that's been in the back of my head.

"What happens if, for whatever reason, we break up? Are we still gon' be friends?"

Pac slightly tilted his head and the corners of his lips tugged downwards. His facial expression turned serious and he gave me a look that read really? Then finally answered my question.

"What the hell typa question is that? Outta all the questions you could've asked me, you jump to the break-up shit?"

I pursed my lips at his comment and shyly put my head down.

"Ay look at me," I heard him utter before feeling him cup my chin and gently forcing me to look at him.

"No matter what happens in the future, all I can guarantee is that you gon' be in my life one way or the other. I need you. I can't be out here in these streets without you by my side, you hear me? Remember that."

And that was all I needed to hear to make my decision.

***

The sun rays peaking through the blinds at the window woke me from my sleep. I tried to bury my face into my pillow but realized I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I extended my arms and arched my back, trying to stretch, until a strong pair of arms tightened its grip and locked me in place.