Chapter 17: Prelude

He continued to stare at me with this look in his eyes that almost looked to be-- dumbfounded.

"Are you.. A virgin?"

***

My heart rate sped up and with every quickening beat I found myself growing more and more anxious. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously and played with my thumbs.

"Aaliyah." His deep voice called me. I ignored him and hastily got off the bed, crossing over to the other side of the room.

His lean and muscular figure quickly closed the gap between us and his rough hands encircled my waist.

"Baby girl talk to me." He breathed in my ear.

My breath hitched in my throat and I turned my body around so that I was facing him. My small hands instantly found their way around his neck and I laid my head on his chest.

"Yes." My voice was muffled by his body. He gently pushed me away from him and cupped my chin in his hand.

"What?"

"I said yes--I am a virgin."

His lips formed into a thin line (as thin as his big lips would allow) and he stared down at me. He released me and let out a breath before making his way back over to the bed.

He sat down and ran a hand over his face. I slowly walked over to him and sat down on the floor, facing opposite of him.

"Are you... mad at me?" I asked playing with the carpeted floor. His head snapped in my direction.

"Nah. I ain't mad at cha'."

I peeked up at him through my lashes and licked my dry lips.

"Then why you acting?"

He blew out a breath and motioned for me to come closer. I rose off the carpet and sat in his lap. He adjusted me so that I wouldn't squish his kids then rubbed my bare thigh.

"Cause things between us gotta be different na'." He said without looking at me.

I knitted my brows. "Why?" Pac finally looked up at me with his doughy brown eyes.

"Ion think you should lose your virginity to me Liyah'."

I frowned a bit at this and caressed the back of his head with my soft hand, urging him to continue.

But he remained silent.

"Baby why not?" I asked, letting my hand drop to his chiseled back, tracing the muscles.

He licked his lips "Ion wanna take yo innocence away. Besides... You gon' get hurt if I pop yo cherry with this big dick."

I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes. "Puh lease! Boy you ain't about nothing." I said waving him off.

"Wanna bet?" He asked with a smirk on his face. I giggled at his enthusiasm and nodded my head.

"Alright. When the day comes that I do beat that pussy into oblivion--" I scoffed and he paused, mugging me.

"Aight, keep playing."

I giggled and smiled brightly at him. Leaning down I cupped his face in my hands and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I appreciate the concern Romeo but it's my choice whether or not I wanna lose it to you."

He nodded slowly. Still rubbing my thigh, Pac licked my neck and softly bit the tender area before giving it a kiss.

Tupac swiftly held my body and flipped me over so that I was off his lap and he was on his feet.

"Tease" I said childishly. He stuck his tongue out at me before retreating out of my bedroom, saying that he needed to think things through...