Chapter 22: Done Playing Nice

Chapter | 22

"I believe you Lee," he whispered into my hair. "I believe you." And in that moment the burden that was sitting heavily on my heart eased up just a little.

Kadafi stayed with me for about two hours discussing my dilemma and he tried his best to give me advice. He left my house in the early hours of the morning leaving me with a lot on my mind.

After Pac made that 'hoe comment' to the reporters while he was leaving the studio, he hopped in his whip and the first place he went was to his cousin's crib. According to Kadafi, Tupac told him the story, in his point of view, and stayed up the majority of the night angry and hurt.

The reason Kadafi came in my house looking tired as all hell was because he was with Tupac the whole time and apparently he wore him out.

Kadafi left my house saying he'd try to let Tupac know what was up but I remained skeptical. He wouldn't listen; he already believed that I had cheated on him. I was most likely going through the same amount of pain he was; it shouldn't have been so easy for him to believe I would do him like this and it shouldn't have been easy for the rest of the world to believe that I was that type of person.

Shaking my head from these thoughts I called him for the first time since all this happened, hoping but already knowing that he wouldn't pick up. The ringing stopped and his voicemail came on and I simply listened to the sound of his voice on his answering machine.

I huffed out an irritable sigh of annoyance before placing the phone back onto the hook. I couldn't take this silence anymore; it was driving me into a deep depression.

I jogged up the steps into my bedroom and threw on dark tinted shades while throwing my hair up into a low ponytail. I didn't bother changing out of the basic white tank top and PINK sweatpants I had on.

I slipped on my black and gold sneakers before descending back down the stairs. I grabbed my house keys off my counter and walked out.

I jogged towards a local park that was a couple blocks east of my house. As I got closer to it I slipped in my earphones and blasted my music to its highest level to drown out the sound of screaming children.

Stopping momentarily to tighten my laces, I ran full speed towards the trail they had specifically excluded for runners. My legs carried me until I was so tired I couldn't run any further and collapsed onto the soft grass.

Tupac Shakur

I unlocked the door to my crib before strolling over towards my bedroom. Plopping down on the bed I bent down to untie and take off my kicks. I massaged my foot a while before rising up and lifting my shirt over my head.

After that bullshit at Digital Underground's studio happened, I wasn't planning on showing up there no time soon. The only places I've been after that was my cousin's house and my local gym.

I was working out my frustration today at the gym for hours. Practicing my boxing moves on the punching bag, lifting weights, doing all kinds of shit. My whole body was sore and I knew when I woke up tomorrow morning my muscles would ache even more.

Working out and continuing to stay busy kept my mind off of her.

I made my way over to my bathroom and properly washed my face from some of the perspiration that still remained.

Quickly wiping my face with a towel I placed it over my head and walked out. A blinking red light captured my attention on my answering machine.

I pressed the button and it relayed to me that I had three messages. I heard my brief voicemail before Kadafi's message came on.