It all came rushing back to me...

It was a rainy day in Brooklyn, New York; I took my last look in the mirror then made my way out the door. The rain was lightly falling and the air smelled like sweet mildew and moist grass. I splashed through the already formed puddles in my driveway and sprinted towards my car. Fishing through my pockets for my keys I got them out and unlocked the car then got in. I sighed in relief and got comfortable in the car seat and sped off towards my destination.

          I pulled up in Kadafi's driveway and the rain was no longer peacefully falling, it was now slapping against the pavement; I silently counted in my head.

"1...2...3... GO"

          With that, I kicked the car door open and once again sprinted across a driveway and safely made it to the door step. Well, minus that minor slip I had during the mid-way point in a gigantic puddle that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere! Anyways, I pounded on his door impatiently waiting for him to let me in.

"KADAFI!! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR" I hollered.

          Nothing...

"HEYYY!! I'M GETTING MY ASS SOAKED OUT HERE OPEN U--"

"Alright damn!" He laughed as he opened the door. "Girl you crazy"

          I walked in and he shut the door. I turned around to face him and was ready to reply with a slick comment when he cut me off.

"Look, I know you was supposed to help me in the studio today but with this crazy ass rain I doubt we'll be able to get there. The streets is probably all flooded and shit and I aint gon' take my car out in that mess." Kadafi said while walking to have a seat on the couch.

          Is he serious? He acting as if I didn't just risk the well being of my OWN CAR just to get here! And he's not even going to attempt to record?

"Kadafi I know you did not just make me drive all the way over here just for you to tell me that we ain't even recording." I said with attitude while dragging out the 'w' in I know.

He looked up at me from the couch and smiled, that crooked smile of his and countered back by saying "Just because we're not gonna be in the studio doesn't mean we're not recording, sweet stuff."

          I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Oh really? How am I supposed to help you with your music when we don't even have any equipment with us?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about it, my homie bringing everything we need. He'll be here in a few so might as well relax." He patted the seat next to him on the couch asking me to sit down with him; I obliged and I took that opportunity to catch up with him.

          We hadn't really talked since high school after he dropped out junior year we kind of drifted but after I graduated we got back in contact with each other. At first I thought he and I might have actually shared something romantic with each other but I just wasn't feeling him.

          An hour and a half passed by, and Kadafi's so called 'homie' still hasn't shown up yet. I was just about to question what the heck was taking him so long when I heard knocking on the door.

"That must be him." Kadafi mumbled while rising from the couch to open the door.

          I saw this guy strut in and he kind of looked familiar and he dapped up Kadafi.

"Ayee, what's up nigga?" He dragged out.

"I'm good, I'm good." Kadafi answered amusedly.

He was about to say something else until he saw me. Without taking his eyes off of me he hit Kadafi in his chest and asked "Who's that?"

Kadafi glanced at me momentarily then replied, "She's a friend, we used to go to the same high school together." The guy still stared at me with an expression on his face that I couldn't quite decipher, Kadafi went on "Remember her?"

He looked away from me and shook his head, no. "Nah, am I supposed to?"
Kadafi chuckled and pushed him towards me while saying "Man... you KNOW her, look at her closely."

          The guy shrugged off Kadafi's hands and walked towards me then bent down to the couches level in front of me then stared. I shifted uncomfortably and looked up at Kadafi, he smiled and gave me a thumbs up then asked him, "Remember now?"

"Nope." He said rising "but whoever she is, she fine as hell."

Kadafi rolled his eyes, "For god's sake bruh she's Aaliyah, the one back in high school!" he exclaimed. Just then the guys eyes seemed to expand and he swooped down and scooped me up in his arms and spun me around the room. At first I protested but soon stopped when I heard him... laughing?
He finally put me down and shouted, "Oh shit girl I could barely recognize you. It's me Pac!" he said excitedely. Just then it all came rushing back to me...

***

A/N

Soo what y'all think? Good or nah?