Chapter 25: At Your Best; The Anniversary Pt. 1

"I love you mama." his deep sexy voice cooed at me.

Chills ran down the back of my spine, "I love you too."

Chapter|25

But at your best you are love
You're a positive motivating force within my life
Should you ever feel the need to wonder why
Let me know, let me know
Know
Let me know

"Yasss bitch you better sing girl!" Missy pumped her fist in the air and jumped up and down. I chuckled at her childish behavior and slipped my headphones around my neck.

"Did the take come out okay?" I asked into the mic.

"Okay? Girl that thang popping! Come on out, Timb and I bout' to mix everything together."

I nodded my head and hung up the headphones on the mic stand. I walked out of the booth and grabbed a bottle of water out of the mini-fridge. Taking a sip, I sat in the chair.

My voice singing a Capella echoed throughout the speakers before the soothing instrumental played over it. My verses got mixed into the tracks and they adjusted the bass and my volume a bit.

A smile crept over my lips at Missy and Timb bumping their heads at my new song; I'd started writing it back when Tupac was filming for Juice and ended up never finishing it. Due to the fact that Missy came to my house basically threatening to throw me off of the label, I finished the song using my current situation with Pac as inspiration. I got back in the studio as soon as I could to make it up to the both of them.

"Yo..." Timbaland started, "I think we got another hit guh'."

Missy and I looked at each other and squealed jumping up and down, holding hands. Timbaland chuckled and shook his head at us. Putting one arm over Missy's shoulder and doing the same to Timb we moved side to side in sync singing-- At Your Best (You Are Love)

***

Pac and I will have been together for an entire year tomorrow, it's been such a bumpy road for the two of us and I couldn't believe how far we've come.

Remembering how my life used to be before Tupac came back into it makes me feel-- empty all over again. I never realized how talented and how much I could achieve before he lit the pathway for me.

Finishing my song was not only for Missy and Timb but it was also for my baby. I was planning on singing it to him tomorrow as a surprise for our one year anniversary.

The day after that Kidada was scheduled to leave and fly back to California. She had already taken way more time off her modeling career then she intended to so it was time for her to start making money again.

This week for me was definitely going to be bittersweet and I just planned on taking it one day at a time.

Currently, Kidada and I were shopping at the mall. I wanted to send her off with as much New York clothes, hats, shoes, etc as she could carry.

We walked out of Rainbow with a hand full of bags and made our way into Forever 21. Soft pop music echoed throughout the store and Kidada and I fished through the racks.

Thirty minutes later we left with a couple of rompers and jumpers but mostly sundresses. At this point our hands were full and we had no choice but to cut our shopping spree short and circle back to the car.

Placing our bags in my backseat I hopped in and turned on the engine, Kidada made a face at me and opened her door.

"Bitch what you doing? I ain't ready to go yet."