Chapter 20: Yo MTV Raps

Not wanting to see Kidada yet I gave Tupac the directions to Kadafi's house. He pulled up to his house, honked the horn, and Kadafi opened the door and seeing it was us had the biggest smile on his face. I got out of the car and said my goodbyes to Tupac making him promise to call me after his rehearsals were done.

A/N: The results are in and you all voted for *drumroll* Long chapters! So get ready for 50+ chapters guys 💕
I am a 90s baby but I've never seen an episode of this show ever, so I'm just going on pure imagination and if you've seen the show and what I write ain't what happens at all... Oh well

Today was the day of Pac's long awaited appearance on Yo MTV Raps and for some reason my heart pounded in my chest. I was both nervous and excited for him, and it was crazy to me that he didn't feel half of what I was feeling.

Last night when we spoke on the phone regarding this day he simply shrugged everything off. In my opinion, he was pretending not to care to look cool or something. Sometimes I didn't understand the outward exterior that he let off when deep down I knew how he was feeling inside.

Needless to say, I made it my mission to look extra flawless today in support for my man. I took my time doing my makeup and picking out my outfit to make sure I was popping from head to toe. Instead of my usual curly hair that I've been feeling recently I decided to press my hair.

I parted it into a far side part so a portion would slightly hang above my eye. Moving onto clothes, I wore a short white cropped top (showcasing my toned abdomen) with a low cut v that had strings covering my cleavage, Tommy Hilfiger low riding jeans, and wheat colored timbs.

I puckered my lips to apply some pink tinted lip gloss and popped them several times looking into the mirror. I dug into my drawer and pulled out a bootleg gold watch that looked good with any outfit. I secured it around my wrist then walked over to my full length mirror. I admired my outfit and my makeup before hurrying downstairs.

Upon me coming down the steps Kidada perked up on the couch she's recently been so fond of, before frowning at me ignoring her. I heard Pac honking the horn and I quickly rushed over to the door, getting one hand on it.

"Aaliyah" I heard behind me. Without turning around I answered her, "Yeah?"

"Tell Tupac I said good luck-- okay?" I took a second to think about what she'd said before stalking out the door.

I ran up the driveway and stopped at the drivers side, opening his car door. I leaned down to his level and dramatically kissed his cheek before slamming the door and jogging over to my side.

"Damn you that happy to see me?"

I giggled at his words and eagerly nodded my head while Pac chuckled at my actions and sped off to Windmill studios.

***

Tupac and I arrived at the studio with a half an hour till' they went on the air. Pac had only been there for a couple of minutes before they hauled him off somewhere to go over their segment with him one last time.

I walked around and admired the area while I still could and a million thoughts ran through my mind. I was in complete awe of what Pac has been accomplishing lately, things that I wouldn't be able to do until years in the future. It irritated me a little bit that Pac wasn't really being thankful for all the blessings he's been given lately and hasn't been humble whatsoever.

But everyone handles success in a different way.

A voice loomed over the whole studio, his words echoing in the building: We're on in 5 minutes people, 5 minutes! I found my way up the ladder that'd give me a clear eyed view of the stage that was reserved for V.I.P