Chapter 13: The Party

We arrived at Dre's house around 10:30 and Pac parked on the curb. We sat in silence listening to the bass of the music echoing throughout the night.

With a hand on my bare thigh Pac looked over at me.

"You ready?"

A smirk took over my face. "Hell yeah"

***

My heels clicked on the pavement leading up to Dre's front door. My fingers were interlocked with Pac's and he used his free hand to knock on the door.

Dre himself, opened it and smiled at Pac. "What up homie?" he clapped him up and they man hugged.

"Nun much mayne just tryna get up in this bish wit' my girl" he nudged me gently and my smile grew brighter.

"Mmm what's up ma? I've heard some of yo songs on the radio, you dope."

"Thanks I appreciate it and thanks for the invite."

"Ain't a problem" he moved aside letting us walk in. "enjoy yourselves, I'm out."

And with that he dipped. The music was playing the top hits as well as the underground jams that hasn't been acknowledged by the public yet. In some places the floor was literally vibrating beneath me but the farther away I got from the speakers the tamer the ground would be.

All around us I saw seas of people, and yet it still wasn't that crowded. Pac let go of my hand and leaned close to whisper in my ear above the noise.

"I'm bouta go get me some Hennessey, want me to bring you back sum'?" I shook my head and told him not to get too drunk and then he left.

I looked around me and recognized many rapper faces but none of them probably would recognize me. I sighed and plopped down on a black leather couch and watched many talented artists around me have fun. Seeing them out of the limelight and just amongst friends made me happy, they was hella turnt and I couldn't help but feel like I wanted to turn up too.

F it, why come to the party if I ain't gonna have any fun? I thought.

I walked over to the circle that had formed and squeezed in so I could see what was happening.

There were two MC's spitting bars while everyone within the circle nodded their head to their lyrics. My eyebrows rose at how passionate the two were and I found myself smiling at their enthusiasm.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see none other than--Robert.

"Robert?" I surprisingly asked.

"What's up babygirl?"

I jumped into his arms while his larger frame wrapped his arms around my tall, slim body. We stood like that for several minutes and I just enjoyed the sweet scent of his cologne.

Finally we pulled away and I smiled up at him. "What chu doing here?"

"Shit, are you really surprised to see me? You think I couldn't get into this party?"

"No it's not that, it's just... ion know I wasn't expecting you is all."

"Mmm" he said while looking over my head then beginning to look around me.