Chapter 24: We Need To Talk

Chapter| 24

She pushed her seat backwards and laid back trying to relax. Aaliyah's phone started to ring and she sighed while reaching over to it.

"Hello?" she answered without looking at the caller i.d.

"We need to talk." A familiar husky voice breathed into the phone.

I felt my heart rate quicken and my breath hitch in my throat. I swallowed the colossal sized lump that suddenly formed in my throat and licked my dry lips.

"Who is this?" I asked afraid to look at the caller i.d.

I heard a deep sigh on the other end, "It's Tupac ma'."

His voice sounded just as deep and sexy as I remembered it. Tupac and I haven't spoken in a couple of days, maybe even a week. Although that doesn't seem like a long amount of time when you become accustomed to talking to and seeing someone everyday, a week seems like an eternity.

I missed him like crazy and I tried to talk to him in the beginning but a girl can only take so much of you pushing her away until she just, stops trying.

Remembering that he told me we needed to talk I responded, "When?"

"As soon as possible. Meet me at my place in like ten, aight?"

I nodded my head as if he could see me then spoke into the phone, "Kay."

I stayed on the line thinking that maybe he'd say he missed me or that he forgave me, but all I heard was a click before the call dropped.

I held the phone to my ear for a while before slowly pulling it away and staring at it.

I didn't know how to feel. Of course I was happy and excited that he finally called me but at the same time I was angry-- what took him so long?

I glanced over at Raheem's house briefly before putting my key in the ignition. Kidada would be fine, besides judging on the way they were looking at one other they probably would need more than twenty minutes.

I quickly put my car in gear and drove off to Tupac's house.

It took me a little over fifteen minutes to get there and when I did I didn't feel comfortable parking in his driveway. I purposefully parked on his curb and shut off the car.

I briefly touched up my lip gloss and pulling out a brush from my bag, brushed my hair in the mirror. I grabbed my bag and strutted over to his front door exuding an aura of confidence that I didn't feel deep down.

I raised my hand to knock but the door swung open before my fist made contact with it.

Tupac stood above me shirtless with low riding jeans. His abs and boxers were on full display and he stared at me before jerking his head inside.

I slowly put my still raised hand down and willed myself to tear my eyes away from him and his abs before walking inside.

I immediately sat on the couch and set my bag down like I owned the place. I crossed my toned legs and looked at him.

I knew I looked good today and if he weren't still pissed at me, I know he'd be making jokes about what he wanted to do with me.

Tupac shut the door and sat in the chocolate colored recliner chair on the far left side of the couch.

It was silent between us for a while and all I could hear was the pounding of my heartbeat in my chest. I took long deep breaths trying to calm myself and smoothed my pressed hair down.