Chapter 3: New Year, New Me

A/N

I hope y'all enjoyyy

Neither one of them could have possibly known that from that day forward their was a special place etched in their hearts reserved for one another.

***

One year later

I pulled up in Tupac's driveway and shut the car off. I checked my makeup and my hair in the rear view mirror one last time then got out of the car. I strolled over to his porch and knocked. After a few seconds he opened it and smiled at me.

"Wassup ma'." he said leaning down to hug me. "Hi." I mumbled into his chest. We pulled away and he stepped back to let me in the house.

I took a seat on the stool and he walked around the island into the kitchen. I played with my thumbs and started biting my bottom lip. He glanced at me.

"So I take it you're nervous?" He asked, side-eyeing me.

I sighed and nodded. I stopped playing with my thumbs and started biting my nail.

"I don't think I can go through with this after all Pac." I said anxiously.

"Yes you can, all yo thinking's just pshycing you out." He said distractedly with his back to me. What could he possibly be doing that's so important right now? I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Pac what'chu doing?" I asked irritated.

"Making this for you," he replied. "Here." he said, placing a bowl of mashed potatoes in front of me and handing me a spoon. I snatched it out of his hand and dug in. I'm a stress eater. Pac knows exactly what to do to make me feel better and ease my nerves.

A lot has happened this past year. Pac joined this group, Digital Underground, and at first it started out as him just dancing background for them but eventually he got in the studio and blew them all away with his talent. He had a voice and they were giving him the chance he needed to let his voice be heard. I couldn't be happier for him. Since then I've been in and out of the studio with him and he took it upon himself to schedule a meeting with producers. Missy and Timbaland to be exact.

I know he was just trying to help but I was petrified about it. Not about the actual meeting but because I have to sing in front of them so they could get a feel of my vibe.

Putting all those feelings aside I thanked him through a mouthful of delicious mashed potatoes. He came beside me and rubbed my back. "You're gonna do great, don't worry about it. Okay ma'?"

I swallowed a mouthful then looked up at his beautiful face and smiled. I shyly nodded and averted my eyes from him. He cupped my chin and turned my face towards him. The look in his eyes was both sexy and fierce, I bit my lip. "I can't hear you," he said softly. "Say it." he whispered with a smile on his lips.

"I'm gonna do great." I repeated trance-like. My cheeks were burning and his sexy ass smirk wasn't doing me any favors. He uncupped my chin and rested his elbow on the island.

"Why you blush so much around me?" He asked amused. This sly bastard, he knows exactly what he does to me.

Pac and I have been doing a lot of flirting this past year, but lately it's been more him then me.

I narrowed my eyes "Cause' you a tease." I said simply, he laughed and he looked real cute.

Ever since that day on Pac's porch step, I've been noticing a lot more attractive qualities that he possessed. But it's not as though I like him or have feelings for him, he's just a close friend. We make eachother happy.