Snow

After that embarrassing phone call Patrick and Ellen decided to go to sleep. They fell asleep in each other's arms, content.

Sun rose the next morning through the ice covered windows in Ellen's room. Snow had continued to fall over night, burying them further. Patrick rolled over, opening his eyes to see Ellen curled on her side. He reached over, trailing his finger tips over her shoulders. Ellen broke out in goosebumps, moving closer to Patrick. He chucked, pushing her hair behind her ears and kissing her cheek.

"Paddy?" She asked, waking up. Patrick smiled as he saw her green eyes open, staring up at him.

"Yea Els?" He replied, scooting down to snuggle with her. Her arms went around his waist, her head tucked into his chest.

"Good morning," Ellen said in her raspy morning voice. Patrick ran his fingers through her hair, nodding.

"Happy birthday." He whispered, rubbing her bare back. Ellen yawned, looking up at him.

"Thank you Paddy." She moved up, capturing his lips in a lip lock. Patrick returned the kiss, cupping her cheeks as he felt her lips against his. Ellen giggled feeling his hands across her body, goosebumps erupting over her pale flesh.

"Are you cold?" Patrick asked, teasing her. Ellen turned pink,

"Maybe. I mean it is like 20 degrees out," she argued in her defense. Patrick got out of bed, throwing on his boxers. He went to the fireplace, and chucked a few logs in, starting a fire with a match.

"That better?" Patrick asked her, his brow raised. Ellen grinned, pulling the sheets up as she nodded. Patrick slid back in beside her, an arm around her side. He kissed her head.

"How does it feel to be old?" Ellen elbowed him as he asked her. She crossed her arms, shaking her head.

"I'm not older than you!" She replied quickly. Patrick ran his hands up her sides, starting to tickle under her rib cage.

"Oh you're not?" Patrick questioned, teasing her. Ellen smacked him again, giggling. Patrick rolled on top of her, kissing her deeply. Ellen leaned up, pressing her tongue against his lips, begging access inside. Patrick pulled back,

"Do you feel alright?" He asked, sitting up. Ellen furrowed her brow,

"I was trying to make out with you Pat, I'm pretty sure I'm good. What is this about?" She asked, sitting up as well. Patrick ruffled his hair,

"Just the sex..." He mumbled. Ellen put her hand on his chest, sighing.

"I would have told you. Patrick. It's good." She kissed him quickly.

"Oh." Patrick gasped, his hands around her waist. He returned the kiss, his hands siding up her back.

A knock on the door startled the pair apart, Ellen pulling up the sheets.

"Are you decent?" It was Maureen luckily. Ellen gulped, feeling Patrick's heart beat faster as she replied,

"Yes. Come in Maureen."
The door opened to Maureen walking in. She looked at the fireplace, and looked at the pair snuggled up in the bed together. Patrick had his arms around Ellen, his head against hers.

"Thanks for the porno last night again by the way-"

"Oh my god Maureen it's not like you never brought home a boyfriend when you were supposed to baby sit!" Ellen retorted in annoyance. Patrick's eyes flickered between the sisters, knowing they weren't as angry as they sounded.

"Anyway!" Maureen glared at her little sister for a minute before continuing. "Breakfast is ready. We made French toast and there's coffee and tea. Happy birthday Ellen." She said, leaving and closing the door behind her. Patrick let out a chuckle.