Candlehouse

Ellen went home, fuming. She felt her skin prickle with embarrassment she couldn't quite shake.

"Oh, Ellen. I didn't expect you to be home," Chris was sitting shirtless watching a sports game. He quickly got up, sensing Ellen's mood shift dramatically as she walked in.

"I didn't expect me to be home either Chris." Ellen replied, throughly annoyed at the night's events. She closed her eyes, rubbing her temple.

"Please don't tell you have a girl over tonight," Ellen pleaded, not sure she wanted to stay and listen to a night of sex. Chris shook his head.

"Nope. I actually broke up with my girlfriend today," he said, shrugging. "Do you want to be left alone El?"

Ellen leaned on the table, setting her purse down. The last thing she wanted was to be alone. Suddenly Chris was there, so warm and inviting, how she remembered him...

Chris could tell Ellen's mind was running a mile a minute, and something was up. He reached over, squeezing her arm to comfort her and before he knew it their lips locked. Neither of them knew who made the move but it was done. They pulled back at the same time, eyes wide. Ellen stepped back,

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Chris, oh fuck!" She began swearing and cursing, realizing what had happened. Chris stepped back as well,

"Ellen..." He was breathing heavily, upset. Upset that he gave in, upset she kissed him, that Patrick existed, that she would hate him now...that he wanted more.

"I completely fucked up, I'm a terrible person." Ellen kept ranting, and bolted upstairs, embarrassment flooding her cheeks. She hated everything, she had enjoyed the kiss. Ellen knew it was because she was upset and she was tired, not to mention sexually frustrated by that orgasm Jill so rudely interrupted. But she had felt something she thought was gone with Chris. This couldn't be happening, not today, not now, not ever.

"Ellen, I- I'll go." Chris said from outside her door. He took an overnight bag and went to a friends, knowing she needed time. Perhaps he would stay there forever. Who knows.
********
It has been 3 weeks since the night where everything went to shit. Filming is back on, the strikes were over. Ellen herself had participated in a few strikes. Patrick and Ellen didn't talk. They ignored each other's messages, door bells, even hand written letters of apology. Today was finale filming time.

"I made you coffee. Look don't talk to me, whatever Ellie, but you look like crap so please drink this. If not for me, for the cast and crew." Patrick pleaded as he handed her a cup of coffee outside the makeup trailers. Ellen accepted it, rolling her eyes.

"You calling me a bitch because I haven't had my coffee?" Ellen asked. Patrick did a double take,

"What?" He asked, eyes wide. He looked at Ellen, in her sweats and frizzy blow dried hair. Damn, all he wanted was to kiss her- hold her. He couldn't even do it in character because Derek and Meredith were broken up. It was frustrating. Ellen giggled, sipping the coffee.

"That's right, you heard me." She said, demanding answers. "Did you mean to call me a bitch?" Patrick's brows furrowed as he slowly realized she was playing him.

"That's not cool. I hate when you do that," He grumbled, looking away. He was being honest. Things weren't good between them and banter over a cup of coffee wasn't going to solve them. "Talk to me when you're interested in telling me why you never answered my texts, calls, damn post it notes..." Patrick walked away, going to mingle with Justin and Eric as they arrived in line for the makeup trailers. Ellen watched him go, flabbergasted. Normally he responded to her with equal amount of wit...now he was just, rude.