I think I'll go to Boston

Chris returned from his trip that morning, having taken a redeye from Boston with no stops. He opened the door of the house, and listened for a few minutes before walking in. Chris always respected Ellen's privacy, especially if she had Patrick with her. He didn't blame them, knowing they totally had sex everywhere. He would have if he were them. It didn't seem likely that the pair were going at it at 3 AM but on the off chance, he didn't want to risk it.

"Ellen?" Chris called out, walking upstairs. She normally would have came downstairs. Ellen was a sleeper but not heavy enough to sleep through the heavy door opening. He briefly poked in her bedroom, seeing her on her bed, in the dark. She seemed extra tired, collapsed even. He smiled, and closed her door, going to his room now.

***
It was six am and Chris didn't hear any of the usual morning routine sounds of Ellen in the house. She wasn't up. It was six, she should be running, making herself breakfast, cardio, anything. He got up and went to Ellen's room, figuring she wasn't feeling well and he could make her eat at least.

"El?" Chris asked as he stepped inside. Sunlight filtered through her blinds, the red spots on her carpet dark, became bright in the light. Chris walked to the bed, his hand on Ellen, turning her over. There was an even bigger stain on the bed. She was breathing, but Chris felt like she wasn't sleeping. It wasn't sleep. He felt his heart racing as his mind told him the stains were blood, Ellen's blood.

"Ellen!" He yelled, shaking her. What the hell happened to her? Chris couldn't see any visible cuts, and let out a breath. Ellen coughed, coming around.

"Pa-paddy?" She whispered, curling in towards herself as she broke out in chills. Sunlight streamed over her features and Chris tensed.

"Ellen, what happened? Did he do somethin, talk to me!" Chris began asking, his accent slipping as he grew worried. Ellen looked up at his dark eyes,suddenly remembering last night. The blood, the unbearable pain...pain.

"I lost...Chris, no-no, I'm I-" Ellen clutched her stomach, and tears fell from her red eyes. Chris rubbed her back, sighing.

"Come on Ellen, you can tell me..." He coaxed, making her feel safe. That's what Ellen needed, right? Safety. Security.

"It was a miscarriage. I miscarried Patrick's baby..." Ellen whispered before bursting into tears. Chris stood up, he felt angry although he knew he had no right to be.

"Where is he? Why isn't he here? Ellen how long were you-" A list of accusations rose to Chris's head. His veins began to throb at the thought of Patrick ditching her.

"I don't know. I called and he didn't answer. Chris I don't- I just call him and get me to a hospital." Ellen sniffled, pulling the bloodied sheets around her. She looked broken, her hair matted around her puffy face. Her green eyes were rimmed red, body seemingly frail in the huge bed.  Chris pulled out his phone, calling Patrick. He got voicemail.

"Look. Ellen needs you. Now. I'm taking her to Angels memorial. Meet us there!" He tried not to swear or curse at Patrick as he left the message. Chris helped Ellen stand up, and he kissed her forehead chastely.

"Help me change, and call the hospital for a VIP room. I can't afford this leaking out." Ellen said, pulling the bloodstained clothing off of her. Chris helped her get into some big jeans, and a hoodie. He walked her out to his car and drove her to the hospital.

*****
Ellen was escorted in privately to a off branch of the main ER wing, where they hosted celebrities. Thankfully it was near empty. A doctor began to check her over with the basics as Patrick came rushing in.

"I got Chris's message...Ellen?" He asked, coming to the side of the bed. The doctor shooed him out,

"Legal family only, sir you'll have to leave." She ordered while taking Ellen's blood pressure. Patrick shook his head, he was sweaty. He had come straight from his daily run. Sweat dropped off his brow, rolling down his neck. His hair was unruly, most certainly tugged at in anger as he heard the news.