Deep

Things after that day were a bit rocky to be honest. Patrick did his best to give Ellen the space she deserved, and she tried not to accuse him of doing anything more than care for her. Hours were getting longer and longer as the episodes piled up. Shonda wanted to makeup for lost time from s4 and the writers strike, and rightfully so. But she had a bit of a wildfire with Katie going on so it was really a mess on set. As the days grew longer Patrick and Ellen had less time for each other at the end of the day.  This led to a tenseness in the air, and a sense of longing. They had to stay in separate trailers, for fear of press now that the press knew they didn't share.

"So this is goodnight then?" Patrick asked as Ellen zipped up her sweat jacket. They paused before going inside the separate trailers.

"Goodnight Patrick," Ellen squeezed his hand, going away to her own trailer.  Patrick watched her walk away, closing the metal door. He sighed, opening up his own. He missed sharing, he missed the comfort of having Ellen around. His trailer? His trailer was lonely, empty. Modestly decorated with pictures of his children,  a rather drab couch, and some tables. Patrick took off his shoes, and walked to the kitchen. He opened his fridge, finding nothing but something rotting and beer. The rotting food was probably old pasta Ellen had made and gave him left overs for a week ago. She figured he could eat it when night shoots took forever. Patrick pulled out a beer, leaving the rotting pasta. His mind was scrambled. He drank, sitting on the couch. God he missed Ellen, really missed her . Things hadn't been the same since the tub incident and Patrick felt to blame. He knew he was a protective guy, he just couldn't let her be so upset. He then thought about his own mother, and the times he thought she wouldn't make it. God he was a hypocrite. Patrick downed the beer, his mind becoming loose. This really set their relationship back and Patrick frowned. It was like the early stages of dating returned. The dates out in public, the picking her up at 7- the whole deal. Patrick licked his lips, he hadn't kissed Ellen in what felt like ages. The kisses on screen were nothing this season, and he missed her. He missed the wit, the sass, and everything she always let him see about her. Patrick set the beer bottle down on the table, and sighed. He began to think of her lips, the swollen pink lips that were always tasting so sweet. How Patrick wanted his hands to feel the small of her back, her long dark blonde waves, and the sweet smell of perfume that always wafted off of her. Patrick craved her, he felt blood rushing through his body as he remembered the last time she kissed his neck, her hand squeezing his ass. How her green eyes lit up with desire and they were electric together. Eventually the fantasizing stopped and Patrick fell asleep, buzzed with a minor boner in his jeans. He didn't care, he just wanted Ellen.
***
"Want some company?" Patrick asked, startling the petite blonde woman in front of him. Ellen gasped, turning around to see Patrick in his work out gear, already hot from running. She pushed back a stray hair that fell from her ponytail.

"Oh um, fine." She agreed, not wanting to push Patrick away. It was rough, she hasn't meant to be cold after that week, really. She began to realize she missed him. Together they began jogging lightly round the block. It was like old times.

"Thanks. I've missed this," Patrick told her, smiling. He watched her and turned the corners. "So you staying late on set again tonight?"

"Ah, yeah probably," Ellen replied, taking a drink of water. "Why?"

"Sandra wanted a pizza party when we finished, her treat. You in?" Patrick asked, picking up his pace. Ellen nodded,

"If there's beer or margaritas alongside." She added. Patrick laughed,

"So you looking to get drunk Ms Pompeo?" He asked cheekily. Ellen giggled,

"As a matter of fact I am. What you worried you can't keep up?"