Live for you

Patrick knocked on Ellen's trailer door, smiling as she opened it.

"Hi Paddy," She answered in a low drawl, opening up the door. Patrick walked inside, kissing her forehead before setting down two sheets of paper on her coffee table. "What's that?" Ellen asked. Patrick put his hands in his pockets,

"Oh uh well, we're taking two weeks off because of the strikes. I just got these from publishing, my press manager gave me yours too. It's a list of dates." He said. Ellen made a little noise, everything clicking. The writers strike had been going for a few weeks now, and everyone had to keep their nose down. Personally Ellen was fuming with rage at the atrocities, and how everyone was being treated. Patrick as well.
Ellen picked up a paper, reading it.

"Oh. It's like soon. What on earth are we going to do for two whole weeks?" She asked. Patrick pulled out his phone, looking up something.

"Well...I have a suggestion. You and I take a day trip. I've always wanted to camp at Lake Tahoe." He suggested, pleading with her. Ellen rose a brow, camping?

She opened her mouth to reply when her phone rang.

"Sorry Paddy," Ellen mumbled before stepping into her room to take the call. Patrick sat on the couch, waiting for her. He pushed back his hair, watching her as she spoke. One hand with the phone to her ear, the other playing with the ends of her blonde hair. Patrick could see Ellen's face change as she listened and spoke.

"Daddy, momma Mia papi!" Ellen yelled in Italian at her father, obviously upset. Patrick turned away, curious but knowing Ellen wouldn't want him involved. Finally she hung up, starting to pace.

"Ellie?" Ellen looked at Patrick, her green eyes meeting his blue ones. She walked over, sitting on his lap. All she really needed right now was cuddles. Especially Patrick's.

"My papi, he's oh this idiot. He divorced my step mom sometime and now he's going to marry his girlfriend in Italy next summer! Meanwhile he's harassing me for a baby with Chris!" Ellen explained, her head on Patrick's warm chest. "Like I know he has to move on. He moved on from mom, like three years after. I hate my step mom. But another mom? I just want it to stop. I just wish I knew my own mother."

Patrick stroked her soft hair, breathing deeply. He had nothing to say really, knowing Ellen wasn't going to listen.

"Ellen. This is why you and I need to relax, alone. No Jill, no Chris, no moms, no dads." He said, kissing the crown of her head. Ellen sighed, nodding.

"Mhmm fine. But no tents. Trailer or lodge." Ellen agreed. Patrick pouted,

"A tent from a lodge?" He asked, as her hands rubbed his cheeks.

"Paddy..." She whined playfully, kissing his cheek. "Okay fine. If it's that important up you. I will camp with you. In a tent but one condition."

"Anything, Ellie." Patrick squeezed her, kissing her forehead before she spoke.

"Any bears and we're out. And if it's snowing, we're gone. If it rains we're gone. I want it to be mild. Cold at night so we can cuddle, among other things. Okay?" Ellen listed out her conditions. Patrick understood completely, she had points. It was totally fine. He just wanted to escape with her. Deep inside Patrick felt this need to leave, to be free.

"Okay. I'll set everything up. Don't worry." Patrick sealed their plans with a deep kiss. Ellen kissed back, her lips pressing against his, feeling his tongue poke through. Patrick pushed Ellen back into the couch, kissing harder, until Ellen's phone rang.

"Shit," Patrick breathed as he pulled up, ready to have gone farther. Ellen let out a breath, answering it.

It was Chris.