Say You Love Me: Chapter Five

Justins POV

She turned back and hugged me. I felt so relieved that she believed me! Where is Kayla getting her ideas from? There was only one girl I had feelings for. Me and Kayla were never together and it shall never ever happen.

It was the evening and it was time for evening story telling. We all gathered in a group and sat around the camp fire eating roasted marshmallows. Quincy sat next to me talking stupid but all I could hear was:

"Blah, Blah, Blah" it was weird his lips were moving in circular motions but no sound.

"Shut up Quincy!", I said slapping my hand to his head.

"Ow! What was that for?", he asked.

"Shhh! It's starting", I whispered in anticipation.

"Once apon a time there was a group of teens who went camping init. Then they started to argue yeah, and guess what their nightmare of a problem was...", a boy said in a proper english accent holding the torch beneath his chin.

"They had no phone reception!!!", he screeched. Ha ha ha,Very

u n i n t e r e s t i n g & l a m e.

"BOO!",people started saying making him sit down in a corner. An instructor told us that it was now time for my age group to do our activities. We followed him into the dark woods, where is he taking us?

. . .

He took us right to the entrance of a freaky looking cave.

"Now, Malian, Ami, please do the honours", the instructor gestured for them to make their way in but they stood there pushing one another ahead of eachother..

"No you go first, you're miss-tom-boy-who-isn't-scared-of-anything", Malian dragged Ami infront of her, pulling her by her shirt.

"Ladies first", Ami scooted backwards, making way for Malian. Everybody was scared (apart from me, obviously) so they didn't say a word instead watched the two cowardly eggs infront of me. I looked at the instructor and he looked uninterested, examining his finger nails and yawning.

"I'll go!", I put my hand up using an annoyed tone. Everybody gasped. Ooooookay.. Wierdos. I pushed my way through and rolled my shirt sleeves to my elbows..

"It's not like there's going to be a vicious bear or a man eating vampire in there", I rolled my eyes facing the rest.. Strangely enough they all had petrifyed looks, all pointing behind me.

"Errr.. Justin?", Malian joined pointing behind me.

Then... Someone growled.. What the heck.. These people are animals! Trying to scare me.

"Seriously guys, growling? Is that what you're resorting to, to scare me? AHH I'm scared sh!tless.. AHH", I uninfusiastically acted scared, holding my face, opening and closing my mouth like a fish.

"Don't panick Justin, stay completely still", the instructor moved back slowly with his eyes widely opened.

"You too sir? Whatever you guys are trying to do, it ain't working. Even Quincy can scare me more.. Which isn't very likely itself but yeah, even Quincy could 'scare' me"

"Justin.. behind you", some guy called Troy shouted.

I turned and there was absolutely nothin-

"Good lord! B-b-bear... Good bear... No eat Justin... Justin no taste very nice", I put my hands out infront of me in surrender moving backwards, extra slow.

Before I knew it, everybody blew... Seriously... Everyone made a break for it... So did Quincy: what a great brother huh.. Even the instructor made a break for it. Someone came walking up the hill, I could hear their footsteps.

"Jay, are you there?", I'd recognise that voice anywhere.. Charlye. Why now? She can't come up here, she might get hurt; I didn't respond but kept eye contact with the grizzly.

It growled again and I swore, scared to shreds.

"Justin is that you?", hmm.. Great.

Charlye's POV

I can't believe my eyes.. What is Justin doing standing right infront of a bear, does he not know how to run?

"Don't make any sudden movements Jay"

"Don't worry, I don't think I will. I'm scared to death right now"

"Okay. Basically I've seen this on National Geographic... Erm... I'm pretty sure I know what I'm about to do might work"

He turned to look at me warningly.

"Might.. Charlye... What, are you going to do...", he frowned. I walked casually next to Justin and pulled him, beginning to run.

"Is this your great plan?", he kissed his teeth at me.

"No, this is...", I fell intentionally and pulled Justin down with me, me landing ontop.

"Stay completely still, pretend dead", I whispered and layed my head on his shoulder.

Justin moaned in pain.. he must have had a very bad landing. Feeling guilty for hurting him I lifted my weight off of him but he held me down and rolled ontop of me. My cheeks warmed just thinking of how close me and Justin were.

"I'm not crushing you, am I?", he asked looking at me concerned.

"Uh uh", I shook my head side to side, just then you could hear heavy breathing from behind Justin. I tensed up, almost gasping for air, my heart beating out of my chest.

"Don't worry Charlye.. I got you. I won't let anything happen to you", he reassured me and I nodded.

At that point I tryed my hardest not to move or shiver from fear. The bear sniffed all over us, looking for a sign of life. It even pushed me slightly on the shoulder to see if i reacted.. The bear did so for about 2 minuites, then left without a whisper. That was the most intense moment of my whole entire life. When it was gone, Justin looked at me triumphantly beginning to stand up. I felt... Disappointment? I wanted to wrap my arms around him and keep him close.

"That was something", he phewed dusting his jeans off.

"Mhm"

"Hey Charlye.. Eventhough you knew what you were doing, don't ever do that again okay?", wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"I promise I won't"

"Good", he brought his arms lower, now situated on my hips. "You're brave! So why did we have to freeze like that?"

"Cos bears don't eat food they don't kill themselves, well if they ain't scavenging, so if we pretended we were dead it would put it off"

"Smart!"

Then from nowhere here comes Quincy with wide eyes.

"Well well, so this is where you guys meet up and 'chat'", he wagged his finger like a teacher.