01 | Mario Selman

"Hey y/n, wanna try something new?" asked your best friend, Mario, as he grabbed his laptop and sat on your hotel bed.

"Umm I guess" you answered. Not really sure what to expect.
During the whole POMS tour, you had become more and more attached to Mario. Sure, you were good friends with all the other boys too, and Cat was always fun to hang out with, but for some reason you and Mario were just drawn to each other.

"We're going to do a YouNow!" he said excitedly.
"A what?" you asked, confused.
"A YouNow!" he said again. "It's like a broadcasting thing where you can interact with everyone watching. Let me just announce it on Twitter first."

"Oh, okay" you smiled. You've never done something like that before, and it sounded like fun. But you were a little nervous about it. Since you were new to POMS, and a female, you got quite a bit of hate from some of the fans. But a lot of them were super nice to you, so it all balanced out.

"Ready?" he asked, signing into his account and starting the broadcast.

"Yup" you said smiling.
Once the broadcast started, Mario said "Hey everyone! I'm here with y/n and we'll be answering questions today!"

"Hey guys" you said somewhat shyly, and waved at the camera.
Instantly the questions came flooding in. So far, the majority of the female fans were angry about you and Mario sitting on a bed.

Mario tried to answer as kindly as possible, saying "guys, we're on tour and in y/n's hotel room, there's not a whole lot of room where two people can sit together here."

There was some annoyance in his voice, and it kind of hurt you. It almost sounded like he was defending himself.

Deciding to change the subject, you read a real question out loud: "Who are some celebrities you guys think are attractive?" and you said the first person that came to your head, "Beyonce."
After, you realized that they probably wanted a male celebrity from you, so you added "Zach Clayton." You saw Mario make a jealous face, it was a joke. You and Zach were like brother or sister.

But shortly after, you were relieved as you saw Mario return to his normal self, and he answered the question. You two answered more questions for about 10 minutes, until things turned weird again.

All of the fans began to ship you with the other POMS boys. You saw the names of Geo, Hunter, and Jovani. But most of all you saw Julian's name pop up. Looking to your side, you noticed Mario looked upset, and he was fidgeting with everything near him. He also wouldn't look at you. You frowned and asked the fans, nicely, to stop.

"How about we ask new questions?" you said to the camera.

But they wouldn't stop, so you "fake read" a question.

"What's currently your favorite song?" you asked yourself.

Smiling, you then said "well, recently I've been listening to the song Show You by the lovely Shawn Mendes, on repeat." When you said Shawn's name, you nudged Mario slightly with your elbow, reminding him of the karaoke battle last night.

You could tell his mood lifted when you said that, because he put his arm around you.

Answering some more questions, Mario couldn't keep a smile off his face. Knowing that that was because of what you said, you couldn't keep a smile off your's either.

Reading a comment outloud, you said "Mario, your smile is so cute."

You turned your head and looked at him, and still smiling, he looked back. His smile was really cute. Breaking your eye contact and looking back at the computer, you smirked and said "I agree."
Immediately, on the tiny screen that showed you two, you watched Mario's face turn bright red as he looked away.

"Alright guys," he said, "I think it's time for us to go. But thank you for the nice comments and questions."

"Yeah it was a lot of fun and we'll do it again sometime!" you promised.

You both said thank you one last time and said bye together.

After Mario turned off the YouNow, he sat there and looked at you. But you refused to look at him. All you did was stare ahead at the wall, and bite your lip.
"Y/n" he said, and you turned to face him.

He took your cheek in his hand, and your heart raced. You took a deep breath and waited for his lips to meet yours. It seemed like it took forever, but finally, it happened. His bottom lip fit perfectly in between both your lips, and you twisted your hands into his hair. Breaking away from the kiss momentarily, Mario slid the laptop off your lap, and he pulled you onto him and continued your kiss in a more comfortable position.

But shortly after this position change, there was a loud banging on your door. Slightly irritated, you got up to answer it.
You opened the door and Jovani spoke before you had a chance to say anything. He had obviously ran up the stairs and to your room, and then he said in between breaths: "was watching your YouNow... was lagging but got here as soon as I could... didn't log off... everyone saw that..."
Instinctively, your chin dropped and you shut the door on him without saying anything. You went to over to Mario to tell him what just happened, but he overheard what Jovani said to you, and he already turned off the YouNow.

But for good this time.
Neither of you knew what to say, but you did know one thing. You were eager to continue what you two were doing before you were interrupted.

You silently closed the laptop and set it on the table. From Mario's sitting position on the edge of the bed, you pushed him so he was laying down, and you got on top of him. Smiling, you crashed your lips into his, and kissed him again. And this time, you weren't interrupted.