Chapter Twenty Three

"Very good, Marie-Jeanne" Akela's mother said.
"Dante told me that I had to kill the beast and if I didn't, It would doom us all" Akela asked.
"That's right. The beast is mortal. But there's also an ancident legend about a beast. To save the future, you must learn from the past." Her mother said, "After the great war, an oracle looked into the future. The oracle said that a Banshee would come and save them all. Everyone thought it was Rebekkah Pramheda, but they were wrong."
"Wasn't Rebekkah a Banshee?" Akela asked.
"Yes, she was a Banshee, but she had missed something. That's why she couldn't defet the beast." Her mother said, "The oracle told Rebekkah that she had to learn from the past and that she couldn't defet the beast by herself. Rebekkah thought it meaned that she was supposed to bring warrior with her, but she thought wrong. She failed to kill the beast"
"She missed the thing about the past" Akela said.
"Exactly" her mother said, "There's an old legend that is about a meeting. Between the Beast and the goddess Artemis. Have you ever heard it?"
"Yeah" Akela said, "Jasper told me that story once. That Artemis and her huntresses were out on a hunt and meeted a big animal. One of the human huntresses shooted it and scared it away"
"That's right, but it isn't the whole story. It wasn't a big animal" her mother said, "It was the beast. According to the ancident legends, there was a Banshee and a Hell Hound who helped the godess to kill it" she said.
"What is a Hell Hound?" Akela asked.
Her mother looked at the portrait of the two creatures fighting.
"That is a Hell Hound" she said and pointed at the creature to the left.

"A Hell Hound is the guardian over the supernatural" her mother explained.
"But why had a Banshee and a Hell Hound help a goddess?" Akela asked, "Why a guardian and a predictor? Why couldn't a goddess defet it by herself?"
"Because both has a connection to the thing the beast feared the most" her mother said.
"Death?" Akela asked.
Her mother nodded.
"Think of it. The beast was an ordinary man first. That man
wanted to be powerful. Don't you want power, just to defet death?" she said.
Akela didn't know, so she didn't answer.
"How do I defet it?" Akela asked.
Her mother sighted.
"Isn't it obvious?" Her mother said, "You just have to..."
But Akela didn't hear what mother said, because she heard a voice calling her name and then she felt so much pain. She couldn't stand it, so she screamed.

∆ ∆ ∆

While Abby and Clarke tried to save Akela's life, Octavia stood om the outside with Monty. They were thinking about that prophecy, that was about Akela. Lexa had said it to Clarke, who had told them.
"Stardust in your eyes, Moon in your heart. You're a child of cosmos, a ruler of worlds" Octavia said, "I have no idea what anything of that could mean.
"Wait" said Monty, "I think I've figured something out..."
But he never had the chance to say it, because someone screamed. After the scream, something roared. Something big. Something that was out there and knew exactly where they were.